PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis Beam Bearings

gary_k
04-05-2014, 04:23 PM
I have a 2007 PRSalpha with a 4 hp spindle.

During my normal maintenance this week, I noticed the 8 wheel bearings that are on the Z Axis Beam aren't fully seated on the Z Axis rails. I would think the V shaped wheel bearings should ride center on the V shaped rails instead, all of the bearings are riding on the outside portion of the V instead of touching both sides of the V. My guess is all of the wheel bearings would have to come off and a washer shim would need to be added to get the proper width.

The Z Axis does seem to run smooth with no slop - I just visually noticed this while doing my maintenance.

So what I am trying to say is if you are looking at the face of the Z Beam, the four bearings would have to go in a negative X direction and the four bearings on the back side of the beam would have to go in the positive X direction. When measuring the Z rails, it looks like it is 1 1/4" on center line and my bearings are something of less because they are riding tight on the outside edges of all the bearings.

I hope I explained this ok. I cannot find anything about this issue in my owners manual. If my memory serves me correctly, these bearings came already installed.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.
Gary