PDA

View Full Version : Bread knife two

genek
04-08-2014, 11:23 AM
THEY ARE ACTUAL KNIVES THAT BIG BREAD COMPANIES USE IN THEIR BREAD SLICING MACHINES. I HAVE JUST ADAPTED THEM TO MAKE A WOODEN BREAD KNIFE.

MY BLADES CAME IN, HOWEVER, THE BLADE THAT I DESIGNED FROM IS SMALLER THAN THE BLADES THAT I ORDERED. I WENT WITH A HIGH END STAINLESS STEEL, THAT IS MADE IN THE U.S.A.. WILL HAVE TO RE-DESIGN THE HANDLE. I HAVE ALSO CAME UP WITH A EASIER WAY TO PUT TENSION ON THE BLADE. IT WILL BE INCLUDED WITH THE NEW DESIGN. THE NEW BREAD KNIFE WILL BE 18 INCHES LONG AND HAVE A 9 INCH BLADE.
These knives are so sharp you can slice a tomato thin enough to see through.

ANYONE WANTING THE NEW PATTERN PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT eking1953@yahoo.com

genek
04-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Here is pictures of the Bread Knife. I went with the larger blade so the pattern that fits the blade we carry is the larger one. the smaller pattern you can find blades to fit, but they are not as good as the larger blade.
we will sell them in packs of 30 blades. I will post them on the web site when I get a chance to post. The pattern will be free with order of blades.

genek
04-10-2014, 10:44 AM
forgot to attach pictures

myxpykalix
04-10-2014, 11:51 AM
do you have a picture of the blade without the shield on it?

gundog
04-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Eugene, I work with a lot of Seaboard it is food grade HDPE this would be a great product for that material. If you would like send me a file and I will cut one for you the next time I cut material.

Mike

genek
04-14-2014, 01:47 PM
The blades are serrated and are stainless steel. I have to order 2,000 blades just to get the price down enough for me to be able to sale them at 3.50 each... they are extremely sharp they are blades that the big bread company uses to slice your sandwich breads with. I will upload the pattern latter to day. have worked out all the bugs and detail on assembling them. You will need to make a jig to bow the handle so that you can put tension on the blade.

genek
04-14-2014, 02:13 PM
Here is some pictures of a run of cheery and maple bread Knifes that I am running today. Notice I use the waste area to cut out other things (in this case wooden hair Berets. This way I make more money off of the same piece of wood, actually one beret pays for the wood.

genek
04-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Here is a picture of the hair beret that i have been cutting out with the bread knives.

pappybaynes
04-15-2014, 12:38 PM
Eugene, do you have the blades for sale yet??
thank you
Dick

genek
04-26-2014, 09:59 AM
have them but not posted them on the site, had some major orders to come in and have been real busy.
plus had left my notes on how to add things at my in laws, and my brother in law mother had passed away.
here is the drawing for the knife handle that fits the blades I have.

FSICM
04-26-2014, 02:32 PM
forums.finewoodworking.com/.../bread-knife

genek
04-26-2014, 04:00 PM
That knife will not work with my bread knife pattern. the blade that is needed to fit our pattern is only 3.50 not 12.00... lol our blade is the actual blade that they use to slice bread at a bread factory.