PDA

View Full Version : Toolpath File Size

Countryman48
04-22-2014, 10:39 AM
I am new to ShopBot. I have a BT48 Alpha and I am trying to load an ArtCam file and the software says it can't find the file. The roughing file loaded and ran just fine. It opens in the ShopBot editor but will not run Preview or Cut part from the editor. The file is a finish pass and is about 32MB in size. Any suggestions? Can't get through on the support line.

srwtlc
04-22-2014, 10:54 AM
When you say 'ArtCam' file, do you mean your loading the .sbp file generated from ArtCam? Running out of memory? Trying to load from a USB drive instead of directly from hard drive? What SB3 version are you running? Some older versions had a max number of lines problem.

Countryman48
04-22-2014, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the reply. Turns out is was the underscores in the filename. ArtCam (Version 13 Jewelsmith) offers the option to append the file name with the description ie. Finishing, roughing etc. I omitted the description from the file name and it loaded the file. Not sure why the roughing program loaded as the only difference in the file name was 1/4" instead of 1/8" and roughing instead of finishing. Thanks to Frank in Tech Support for working through that with me.