PDA

View Full Version : Desk Tops and other Shop bots.

genek
04-28-2014, 01:30 PM
Those of you that have desk top style cnc Jewelry is a good line to have. Fast easy cuts no additional major tools to buy. Cut Sand put part on spray and sale.
I have been making hair barrettes as I cut out the Bread Knifes. In less than a hour I have sanded over 1,000.00 dollars worth of barrettes. I had bought a finished board at our local wood craft; Pa-duke, I paid 82.00 for it. out of that Board I cut out over 1,200.00 dollars worth of Barrettes. (not a bad profit of my investment.) Figured out that I have 68 cents for wood in each Barrette 10 cents in the Barrette latch maybe 5 cents in the finish for a total of 78 cents. I will wholesale them at 10.00 each. ( I now have customers waiting for me to finish with them and have sold all of the whiskey barrel ones and the paduke one that I have ready. (over 250 total. )

Wooden Jewelry would be easy to run on a desk top, I am running mine on my buddy and it cuts them at about a hundred a hour.

awalt1250
04-28-2014, 03:43 PM
Where are you buying that barrette clips from?

scottp55
04-28-2014, 04:59 PM
Yeah Eugene, Dad got excited about barrettes when he saw your posts, so last week when he was here I winged a design on the fly using theoretical 2 layers 3/4" Appleply glued up(thought it would look interesting(especially if dyed bright colors)). On Desktop winging it on a full work area 24X18" got 96 out a blank and I was conservative on spacing between and cutting out with .25" bit(could probably get one more row of 6). What thickness is your stock and how wide do people like them? I plugged 3.5" width in. Thanks for all your ideas.:)