View Full Version : Arkansas Desktop owners

blharmon
05-02-2014, 01:21 PM
I hope to purchase a Desktop system soon. I'm located in south central Arkansas area (Malvern) and was wondering if there is someone within a 1-2 hour driving distance with an existing system who would be willing for me to come over to see their setup. Would greatly appreciate it.

scottp55
05-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Bryan, Not even close to you, but went through same thing wanting to see one in action before we spent the cash. Never did see one before we bought as they were scarce on the ground in this neck of the woods. Haven't had a single regret since buying Desktop, so much so that we bought a second within 4 months. My only regret is not asking someone with a Buddy or full size machine to give me a Demo, as they are basically the same thing and it would have saved me a lot of time and nervousness and probably I would have met a good person with lot's of good advice. If you haven't already Google Shopbot Desktop Videos and watch TJ's(Shopbot) lessons as well as others cutting things(You will later anyways:) Note: If you buy used you'll be getting 4"Z (which hasn't been a problem yet for us), but the new ones have 5.5"Z which would come in extremely handy:)

blharmon
05-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Scott, thanks for your reply and pointing me to the instructional videos. Retired now and hard for me to turn loose of the money but the Desktop sounds like a great system and there are a lot of helpful owners.

scottp55
05-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Bryan, The forum was one of the deciding factors in our choice as well as the company itself. If you have questions(and you will) either post here or call Dianne at Shopbot, either will be very helpful. I know you won't be disappointed! If you have general questions feel free to e-mail me and I'll give my phone as love to talk about Desktops as you'll notice:) Call Dianne and see if anybody is on her Demo list close to you, as they will get some money for demoing for you(It's not much but it buys bits or goes into the "spindle jar"). ASK questions, but Google search first as most questions have already been addressed somewhere. Great bunch of people here.:)