PDA

View Full Version : CNC Wood Lathe Assistance in NYC, NJ

ccruz
05-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Hey, I'm in the NYC area I'm looking for guidance. I have a cnc wood lathe and I need help in setting it up. The machie was set up to make baseball bats. I don't have experience with the machine and I'm looking for anyone with experience that could help in this process.

Simops
05-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Hey Alberto......I notice there is a camp Shopbot in NYC in May
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19416

You may want to go to it as sure there will be many there that could help you.....
At least you guys have these events!

Cheers

kurt_rose
05-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Is it a pattern lathe or true cnc. If the latter did it come with software and a computer? I'm sure Brady will be chiming in shortly. Just kinda need to know what you have. Pictures?

myxpykalix
05-02-2014, 07:12 PM
pictures, model names and numbers of your mqachine, any software that came with it's name and more detail is needed to tell you more info. Many of us can talk for hours about a Shopbot but if that isn't what you have it's a waste of time and effort.

Many of us have experience with lots of other machines in our shops so the chance you'll find someone who has experience with your machine is probably pretty good.:D

bob_dodd
05-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Alberto Welcome to the forum , photo on your profile page , it looks like a Shopbot indexer , What type of help do you need ? I may be able to assist you ,,