PDA

View Full Version : Reversed Z Travel in Keypad mode

Hobodog2
05-04-2014, 02:45 PM
I installed a new Windows 8.1 PC to run my PRT Alpha 7.2 machine and now the Z travel is reversed in Keypad mode (Up arrow moves Z down and vice verse).

Must be a setting somewhere, can anyone help pls.

Also, does anyone know if WinRemoteServer works on Win 8.1 - I get error message when trying to install it.

Thanks, Pete

Brady Watson
05-04-2014, 09:01 PM
First, delete your ShopBot.ini file and see if that corrects it. If not, just put a negative sign in front of the unit value (VU) and it will reverse the direction.

-B

Hobodog2
05-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Thanks Brady, actually, I did put the - sign in the UV for the Z value earlier and that worked.

I will try the .ini trick tomorrow, although it is a new PC with a new Control software load so not sure if the .ini is the culprit.

Do you have any idea if WinRemoteServer will work on Windows 8? I will be disappointed if not as I use my iPhone a lot with the ShopBot.

Also, after I installed the new PC and control software, I am unable to keep my 0,0 home position at the corner of the table when I do C3.

The C3 command puts the home position -3.5 in the X axis and -.247 in the Y axis. So I need to resolve that issue.

Again, thanks. Pete

Brady Watson
05-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Peter,
You need to run TS - ShopBot Setup to recalibrate your C2 & C3 settings. Then all should be good again. Just follow the instructions.

I have no idea on the Winserveremote thingy.

-B