PDA

View Full Version : KD Concrete on a shop bot

kevin
05-18-2014, 07:29 PM
The shopbot is so much a part of the shop now its used on almost all projects buts its a tool the waterfall form was made one piece with the shop bot the 2 thick maple table was cut to lenght on the shop-bot its heavy to handle on the table saw the cut out for the sink are you guessed it
Where doing forms with the cnc will post

Ajcoholic
05-19-2014, 09:04 AM
The shopbot is so much a part of the shop now its used on almost all projects buts its a tool the waterfall form was made one piece with the shop bot the 2 thick maple table was cut to lenght on the shop-bot its heavy to handle on the table saw the cut out for the sink are you guessed it
Where doing forms with the cnc will post

That concrete counter is very nice, but is crying for an under-mount sink IMO.

Have you ever formed a one pc concrete top with integral sink bowl? That would be cool. Bet you could make up the form on the Shopbot, in layers.

kevin
05-19-2014, 09:31 AM
Andrew I did a island in Montreal with a small sink
I've come up with better techniques sine then I would love to do a bathroom

I would not recommend for a kitchen sink just high maintain with heavy use

I offered under mount but sometimes money get tight at the end with new construction
The thing that attracts me to concrete is I'll go to my grave not doing all the possibles

kevin
05-28-2014, 05:29 PM
the most complicated to date the form worked perfectly that's the point of this thread the cnc is a tool not a shop solution

scottp55
05-28-2014, 05:52 PM
I was wondering what form you were talking about. Looks good Kevin:)

kevin
05-28-2014, 07:28 PM
Scott try to say that I'm expanding more in to concrete the shopbot is following its a huge part of the shop the form is a cabinet side I'm installing Saturday .The customer has some great ideas that pushing me

scottp55
05-28-2014, 08:07 PM
Always nice to learn, growing pains are a pain though. Forget what psi and aggregate you use? Rubber mallet to fill voids or some kind of vibrator? Keep it up:)

elcar903
06-01-2014, 11:29 AM
great job keep it up :)

myxpykalix
06-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Kevin,
I think this was you...several years ago you posted something of a tutorial or just a bunch of pictures of some concrete countertops you were making and it seemed like it was extremely labor intensive especially with an awful lot of sanding you had to do to get them smooth and i wondered if these were the same case?
It would seem that making them from concrete would be cheaper in materials but would be way more labor intensive? In any event you do great work.

I just had a flash...couldn't you hook up some type of sanders to your carriage and create a toolpath to do the hard work for you?:confused:

kevin
06-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Jack
Its not that bad to polish but it is labor intensive plus screwing up with a measurement

Scott I have a better mix it now drys in 48 hr ready to polish 30 days 7500 psi

Picture are of the side it was a risky the lady wanted something different in person it really works

The post was to show after 14 years of concrete counter tops the cnc is becoming a big part of the job

I love seeing other peoples work in show and tell

scottp55
06-06-2014, 08:14 PM
7500 psi is what the surface hardness of my floor is(after"shake and bake dye/hardener was steeled in). Almost 20 years of hard use and no problems.
Compass rose finished beautifully and like your "Rivertree" drainage design:)
Good work!