View Full Version : power outage

POPS 64
06-13-2014, 08:00 AM
The other day for the first time I fired up my planer while the shopbot was running and it stopped inits tracks and wouldn't restart . So I manually took it back to X and Y zero And reset the Z waisting time on a finish pass that was half way done , when all was said and done you could tell it was off . Is there a way if something like ever happens again to take oof from were it stopped???
I'am using PW , PW 3-D , Photo V Carve , and shopbot 3 from 06 -07 ,
Thanks welcoming input .

MogulTx
06-13-2014, 08:14 AM
On a 3D? HARD. BUT: if you have set up a zero point, before you did anything else, then you can go back to it and get a pretty exact zero there.

If not, then: First... before you move it. Write down the X, Y and Z values. PLUS the line number. restart the machine. If you have to do a C3, then do it. Get the X-Y zeroed. Then run an aircut over your part and see if it looks correct. ( Use the FG function to get back to the line you were running) Gauge the depth to the surface, and go back and reset your Z CLOSE to the surface, but not on the surface. If it still looks appropriate, you can ease your Z down and continue to test the alignment.

Frankly, if you have "meat" left on the substrate and it is not going to goof anything else up... just go a little deeper with a finish cut. HOWEVER if the surface has a lot of Z change features to it, this is not going to be a good fix. In that case you have to get your X&Y nearly perfect... it CAN be done, but you have to be PATIENT. You can't be sloppy or impatient or you will just ruin your previous work... I have had to do it from time to time, and it might take you a long time of fiddling with it- but if you already put in 8 hours of set up and cut time- then it is surely worth it to spend 30 minutes on this...