PDA

View Full Version : Dust Enclosure

rickbw
06-14-2014, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know if the Dust enclosures for the Desktop are sold by Shopbot? I see the pdf files for installation;

(http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotDocs/files/Dust%20enclosure%20installation%20DT%202013%2003%2 011.pdf)

But I see no where to be able to procure the parts for the enclosure.

thanks

garyr6
06-14-2014, 04:20 PM
Yes they are for sale. Call Shopbot on Monday and ask for Dianne (sales and all around great lady department) and she can hook you up. They have a few items for the desktop that don't show up on the web site.....
I have one to help control dust and I like it.

scottp55
06-14-2014, 05:01 PM
We have one on the Northern Desktop. Very nice and worth it. Keeps the chips from surfacing and dadoes (or just cutting with long bits) contained. Also keeps people with curious fingers from losing them and keeping their eyeballs intact. Easy to use. The .pdf you had is called the "mini" enclosure---They also have a "full" enclosure, but it seems like it would be limiting for wood---Maybe for hazardous (REALLY hazardous) materials it would be worth it. Yep, Dianne is a gem!:)

rickbw
06-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the quick responses. I will call Monday.

JohnCoker
06-16-2014, 10:03 AM
I considered the enclosure, but didn't buy one. I did recently purchase a dust shoe with longer bristles for use with longer bits, which seemed like a better option because there was no extra enclosure to open when changing tools.

scottp55
06-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Rick and John, sometimes when dialing in a bit,cutting in a new material, or just trying to find out how aggressive you can get with a bit- and no dust shoe to see the quality of cut and your finger is tapping the Ctrl> keys---It's really nice to be hiding behind the plexi :)

scottp55
06-16-2014, 01:45 PM
Shift> :(