PDA

View Full Version : Restarting Files, Mid Cut!

TJ
06-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Hey everyone, glad to be back in action!

Please join me Wednesday June 25th, 2014 at 1:00pm EST

Have you ever found yourself half way through a 2 hour file and a bit breaks? Or if you're at the end of the work day and you have to shut the machine down and come back to it tomorrow? Built into the SB3 software is an option that allows you to restart from where you left off. There is no need to let the machine cut air above a project and waste your time, we will show where to find the line you left off at, restart from there and finish your project without wasting time.

If you are not able to attend this will be recorded and posted on our website for future viewings.

Hope to see you there on Wednesday! Thanks, TJ

1. Please join my meeting.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/658906293

2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.

Dial +1 (773) 897-3016
Access Code: 658-906-293
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 658-906-293

GoToMeeting®
Online Meetings Made Easy®

Not at your computer? Click the link to join this meeting from your iPhone®, iPad®, Android® or Windows Phone® device via the GoToMeeting app.

TJ
06-25-2014, 04:59 PM
Here is the video from today's training: http://youtu.be/OLY1btpEHqo

Great group, really enjoyed this. Hope you all did to. Thanks, TJ

We'll get this posted on our training page shortly...

scottp55
06-25-2014, 05:12 PM
Thanks TJ, Will probably wait until I HAVE to use it, but a LOT more comfortable now and glad you ran us through it a couple of times.

dlcw
06-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Would like to use this feature but the one time I did use it, the machine/software broke a $45 compression bit and ruined an expensive piece of plywood. :mad: Shame on me....

Not going to try it again...

Rick W
06-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Thanks TJ , I learned a lot.

Rik

Kyle Stapleton
06-25-2014, 10:51 PM
Use it a lot, mainly with potter pens but it works good for me

TJ
06-26-2014, 08:58 AM
Hey that was a great group we had yesterday!!! Really enjoyed all the participation and show and tell. Especially from John and JJ from Tiki Arts, that was the first time I have had a parrot sit in on a training! It was nice to meet you Rainbow and learn how parrots eat peanuts!!

shilala
06-26-2014, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure how you guys showed to do it, but I keep a sticky pad on my control laptop and write down what line I'm on every time I check the job. :)
I go through lots of sticky pads, but it saves lots of time.

scottp55
06-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Scott, one of the things he showed was to VD and turn the file log to "write". Shows every time you've cut the files with all the settings, but first thing it shows is the line it stopped on if the file was not completed. Useful.

Simops
06-26-2014, 04:56 PM
TJ......just finished looking at the tutorial.....excellent! Learned something I have heard and read about but never understood nor the confidence to try and work it out. Your tutorial cleared that all up.....

Keep it up.....SB asset you are!

Cheers

TJ
07-14-2014, 10:42 AM
Here is a link if you would like to download a hard copy of this training: http://www.shopbottools.com/Training/Videos/ReStartFile.wmv

Here is the video from today's training: http://youtu.be/OLY1btpEHqo

Great group, really enjoyed this. Hope you all did to. Thanks, TJ

We'll get this posted on our training page shortly...

tvonschimo
07-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Starting from a known file position is typically not a problem. My problems occur when a bit breaks and the machine continues running. That is, I do not know in what line of code it broke. I have to then measure the approximate xy position on the board and search within the file for that position. I have some experience doing it but it is still a pain.
I wish there was a program that would locate the beginning of a “block of code” (between z plunge and z up) where the bit broke by providing a range in x and a range in y. For instance I could say find “block” for X between 30 and 31 and Y between 22 and 23. The program would send me to the first line of that “block”.
Does something like that exist?

bleeth
07-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Nope-That scenario is just a pain in the neck. That's why I tell my guys to keep their ears open when running the bot and doing something else in the shop while the file is running.