PDA

View Full Version : New 6' power stick

Tom Bachman
06-30-2014, 11:11 PM
Finally got the correct Power stick today. I have a question. The limit switches don't appear to be working. If I run the PS back and forth, it will just run it clear out. I adjusted the the bolts on the bottom of the PS in (toward the middle, further from the ends) thinking that it was running out of the guides before hitting the limits (which it was). but it still doesn't stop. Where do I need to check first?

Thanks in advance for your help.

srwtlc
06-30-2014, 11:37 PM
Check to see if you have limits turned on by going to VN (Values Input/Output Switch Modes). Sounds like they may be set to Off.

Also, check the gap between the switch and the target and adjust if necessary. I like them close, somewhere around 1/32" - 1/16".

Tom Bachman
07-04-2014, 11:58 PM
They were, in fact, set to off. I turned them on and then the Y would only work one way. Adjusted the one bolt down, within a 32nd (or less) and it only stops sometimes. And when it does, if I let off and try again, it will run right through it. I know I'm missing something.

srwtlc
07-05-2014, 10:30 AM
If it only stops sometimes, check the cables for any possible intermittent connection issues as well as the connections at the control box. Double check the alignment between the prox and target.

If you trigger a prox with the arrow keys, let off and try again, you can move past them. That's as it's intended to be.

Tom Bachman
07-05-2014, 10:44 AM
OK I'll check that when I get home. Thanks.