PDA

View Full Version : Can I model/render double sided images in Aspire?

marcrunner
07-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Hi,
Is it possible to Model/Render both sides of a part using Aspire? It seems as though when I try, aspire treats negates that part of the model(back of material) and keeps it flat.

Maybe just the way I have the material set up? I may have to render using a different program, and would still be toolpathing the front and back sides using a "Front" side file and then a "Back" side file, but was hoping to at least be able to produce this image for viewing/client approval. Thanks, Marc

khaos
07-01-2014, 10:51 AM
You can you will have to make two or more sides. This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEDjuvUAx2M) might get you started.

Brady Watson
07-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Not the way you probably want it to. As Joe mentions, it has to be done and treated (and viewed) as halves. For full 3D modelling, you need another piece of software. If you have a full STL of the model already, you can view it and simulate it on 2-sides in PW3D or Cut3D.

Some 2-sided models lend themselves to being created and married together in a 2.5D program like Aspire - However some are impossible to do depending on the actual shape & if it can be bisected without undercuts on either side. It is possible to create an inverted front (concave) of your relief and save it out as an STL, but this only works for symmetrical models.

If you want me to take a look at what you have and make suggestions, send me a PM or email via link in sig.

-B

marcrunner
07-02-2014, 01:43 AM
Ok,
Thanks guys. getting good at 2 sided machining, just wanted to be able to digitally convey the model. Will try another program.