View Full Version : SomeThings One Should Never Do!!!!!

genek
07-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Somethings One Should Never Do.!!!!!!

1. Pull on Superman's cape

2. Spit into the wind

3. Be truthful with your wife when she ask does this bathing suit make me look fat.

4. Tell your customers that you are going to suspend orders after a certain date because you will be doing the State Fair.

Out of Respect and trying to be courteous to My customers I sent out the following e-mail. Which panicked all of them and now I am covered up with orders.

Tina and I have been selected to do the Kentucky State Fair. We will be set up in the Kentucky Department of Agriculture Tent.
We will cut off all orders around the end of July or the first week of August. If you think you will need product, I recommend that you order now. The cut off date will vary according to how our production on product is going: if I am ahead it will go till the week before if I am too far behind it will cut off earlier. Right now I am on schedule for what we plan on taking with us, however this can change..

We have no clue as to the outcome of the show. We may be totally out of product and wood, which will mean it may be a week or two on getting product ready for your orders at that time. They are expecting 600,000 people at this years Fair. I have been running product 16 hours a day to be prepared for this show.

feinddj
07-08-2014, 11:46 PM
Regardless of whether I send a note or not, every time I leave town for more than a day or two, they come out of the woodwork to have the jobs done NOW. It's the law of the perversity of the universe tending towards the maximum.

harryball
07-09-2014, 06:41 AM
I made the mistake of "closing shop" once. Now I just put the store in vacation mode with an explanation if it comes to it, but I haven't had to do that for a while. Same thing happened. I put up a notice that we would be closing shop for two weeks and orders poured in for the week leading up to the close date.

Enjoy the business! It can be a mixed blessing.

/RB

scottp55
07-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Hey Eugene, With a title like that I immediately opened it half expecting you'd cut your other thumb half off/done another fishing lure trick/finally succeeded in sucking your pups face off with your DC. Only to find you're complaining of TOO MUCH BUSINESS :) Easy solution to your problem is to work 26 hour days:)
Take Care of yourself.
Scott

scottp55
07-09-2014, 08:06 AM
Oh, 8 days a week :)

bill.young
07-09-2014, 09:11 AM
The guy in the shop next to me says that the best thing about Friday is that there are only 2 more workdays left in the week!