View Full Version : new owner

jdwykrent
07-25-2014, 03:02 PM
I teach in south west michigan. I just started putting together a prs 96-48-6 and can't wait to start making things with my students. I was wondering if amyone had any suggestions or tips about assembly. It will be installed on a concrete floor... Would antivibration pads below the feet be useful?

What about project ideas for students who have zero skills both on the computer and woodworking? Currently I start them off with basic sketching and drafting then we move into project estimating and finally build a pizza paddle and cutting board. I know this would be simple to cut on the shopbot once the part files are created... I'm just concerened with the learning curve of the software. Suggestions?

genek
07-25-2014, 03:37 PM
just sent you a private message.

Kyle Stapleton
07-25-2014, 06:41 PM
I had students blog almost everything we did in the first Cadd/cam class with the shopbot. http://100kschools.com/blog/author/kyle/

Biggest tip on assembly I would have is find and expert in your area and pay them to come and help with the assembly and training, that is the best money I have spent on the bot beside the bot itself.

curtiss
07-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Once you get ....one rail level and straight... for the other rail....

I made a simple hardwood "T square" for setting up /with a digital caliper taped to the far end/ low end of the T

A saw groove on the wood T then sits on the first/ level rail....

the "depth gauge" works as a "feeler gauge" to get the rails exactly parallel.

If the rails are parallel and straight, the y car about has to run true.

kbraat
07-26-2014, 08:31 AM
Jeff,

I can offer some assistance if you need it. I'm actually just up the road in Portage.