PDA

View Full Version : Best way

Tim Lucas
08-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Hello all, I am learning the VCarve software while saving the funds needed to purchase my first bot and I have a project layed out with a small amount of waste inside a curved section - I dont want to add a tab to hold onto it, so what is the best way to route out the waste?? :confused:

Joe Porter
08-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Use the "Pocket" option in the Tool Path section. Maybe use light cuts at fairly slow speeds and your waste will disappear...joe

steve_g
08-18-2014, 02:23 PM
Tim…
The method outlined by Joe is a very good method of removing waste… It takes a little longer to mill, but that time is saved by not having to clean up tabs, plus you don’t have little potential projectiles just waiting to go flying around or getting jammed up between your dust foot and the table causing bobbles or missed steps! There comes a point of diminishing returns however… for me that's around 3” diameter. After that point I’ll figure out a way to double stick tape that spot, or if you are using vacuum that point of diminishing return may be when the part is big enough for the vacuum to reliably hold it in place…
SG

Tim Lucas
08-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Thanks - I will try both:)

Mark Farris
08-18-2014, 05:27 PM
Tim,
Welcome. I am in Gainesville and have a PRS 9648 Alpha. If you want to see one in action or need some help let me know. You are welcome to come over to the shop sometime and I will help you any way I can.

Mark

Tim Lucas
08-18-2014, 05:36 PM
That would be great !! I searched the 1kGarage and did not see you, I was in St Augustine last weekend and visited another botter there but we did not run anything. I would like to visit, would weekday or end be better for you?
:D:D

Mark Farris
08-19-2014, 04:42 PM
Tim,
You have a PM.

Mark