PDA

View Full Version : MDF powder coating: new application onto wood

cathy
08-08-2009, 05:58 AM
low formaldehyde emission,totally VOC free,edges encapsulated,no delaminating,shape flexibility, huge colour range..., all of these MDF powder coating technology will provide.

For more information, please email me at huier5687@yahoo.com.cn (mailto:huier5687@yahoo.com.cn)

ron_moorehead
08-08-2009, 12:02 PM
So are you selling a service that we need to send you the part to powder coat or can I buy a system and do it myself?

tonyayoung
05-29-2015, 12:41 AM
MDF powder coating has lot of advantages. It improves durability of wood and also finishing to many extend. To know more, you can visit http://www.decoralamerica.com/new-technologies/mdf-powder-coating-and-decoration/

steve_g
05-29-2015, 12:47 AM
These posts sound just like the spam I get from “beautiful” Russian girls… “just click here…”
SG

pappybaynes
05-29-2015, 12:20 PM
These posts sound just like the spam I get from “beautiful” Russian girls… “just click here…”
SG

Are they not beautiful Steve?

GeneMpls
05-29-2015, 01:09 PM
It is a real thing: http://btdwoodpowdercoating.com/

steve_g
05-29-2015, 08:30 PM
“Are they not beautiful Steve?”
I don’t know… My suspicion is that they’re not even girls!
(the spammers… not Cathy or Tonya)

“It is a real thing”
Ok… my gut feeling was wrong!
I hope BT has success. Twenty years ago when I worked as a plant engineer at a manufacture who went through 2000-3000 lbs. of powder a day, we were unsuccessful attempting this. Quality powder that could be applied at time and temperature compatible with MDF didn’t exist!
SG

Ger21
05-29-2015, 09:01 PM
The OP and the follow up were definitely spammers.

But powder coated MDF is a very nice product. We build an item for a local hospital from powder coated MDF, and it's really nice. Extremely durable, too.

Typically, the powder coater will manufacture your parts and coat them, so it's not really a process where you cut your own parts and send them out to be coated.

Also be aware that you get what you pay for. We got some samples from a supplier that was 40% less then the one we normally use, and the quality was so poor that we'd rather pay the 40% more.