View Full Version : different z zeroing positions.

Stockbub4
09-11-2014, 07:53 AM
When I cut plywood, I like to zero at 94,50 because it is closer to my computer. However, when I am doing small pieces, I move my 0,0 to the center of that work piece. Under Tool/Setup, I change the zeroing position. How do you have a quick command to zero machine at that position, and also be able to zero machine at a present position.

scottp55
09-11-2014, 08:29 AM
Martin, Probably a faster way, but in Keypad--couldn't you set that position as one of your Preset radio buttons, and then still in Keypad, use the Zero Axis button? Maybe I'm misunderstanding though. Probably a keyboard shortcut also.

Stockbub4
09-11-2014, 03:50 PM
I didn't know if I could save things as a C_ command.

bleeth
09-11-2014, 06:30 PM
You can program your own c commands for this as well. So you could set up a C5 command, for example, to go to your particular z-zero position and then do a C2. In the later software in setup there is also an option to enter co-ordinates that will always go to that spot when doing C2 but that would make it a pain to go elsewhere.
You can also set up your hypothetical C5 to go to your predetermined spot and then run C2 automatically, still pausing to ask you if you put the plate in position.
There are a bunch of Custom slots available you can program to do anything. Check out your manual.