View Full Version : RPM Question

toolman1953
09-13-2014, 09:03 AM
When I am running a took path and pick the tool that I want to use the rpm is set on the tool. I have the rpm switch on the router do both of them need to be set the same. Thanks everyone for all the help.

bleeth
09-13-2014, 10:23 AM
You only need to set rpm in the software if you are using an automatic speed control. If you are setting the speed manually on the VFD (if spindle) or switch (router) then it doesn't matter what is in the software.

toolman1953
09-13-2014, 10:26 AM
Thanks Dave .

toolman1953
09-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone, I purchased a 96x48 prt for my shop at home and looking to retire soon. The company i work for just builds cabinets for their building and we have two Thermwood 43 cabinet machines. We use Ecabinets software to build a lot of the cabinets and use Partworks to make doors and anything other then cabinets. I am use to using the Ecabinets software and trying to decide for my shopbot machine which way to go. I have looked at Sketchup, Cabinet Parts Pro and Ecabinets. The Ecabinets from Thermwood Is priced at $1295.00 and i did not know if I would be better off with Sketchup, or Cabinet Parts Pro. I have downloaded the free Cabinets Parts Pro And Sketchup to look at them. Again thanks for all your help.

ssflyer
09-13-2014, 01:38 PM
eCabinet Systems is a pretty awesome piece of software, but it depends on what you will be actually doing (and how much), to justify the cost. However, it will give you a familiar interface to the Thermwoods you are used to.