PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Removable Mounting ?

chadagmsign
09-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Hey all,
I usually just do a livestream (goo.gl/2J5G2j) and post links on this forum but I wanted to reach out today and get all the expert opinions.

I have attached a image of the sign and the customer would like to keep a single post if possible in a hangman style, and be able to remove the sign when he is away.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2w20azc.jpg

genek
09-15-2014, 02:41 PM
Lowes has these heavy duty d-ring style hangers (in the picture hanging isle of the hardware) that you could make a slot in the top then epoxy and add two small nails to hang it from. That way it could hang below the arm of the post and be removable.
What I did on a sign was take my biscuit cutter and made the slots marked my holes for the two holes in the hanger, drilled the holes, inserted the hanger, then the nails cut off and counter sunk and finally poured the epoxy into the slot to fill the gaps and to help anchor the hanger.

bleeth
09-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Go to a marine supply store. They will have Stainless steel chain and clevis hardware that will work fine for that. Just screw SS eyes into the sign and beam. (Or you could use galvanized and get the phone call about rust in a year or so!)