PDA

View Full Version : KD new work

kevin
09-28-2014, 08:59 AM
The island sat in the shop for 2 months the form for the waterfall was done on the bot also the table was flatten on the bot hard to sand after
the barbaque took 7 guys to put in place 550 lbs there there is GFRC (Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete) which makes it lighter but the fell is not the same or the look
I was given freedom to be less conservative stained copper with blue and darl grey my camera is not good enough to pick up

The concrete has picked up there are 3 kitchens waiting to be install I getting better clientele doing more original design

kevin
09-28-2014, 09:01 AM
I didn't make the kitchen only the island and the bench

scottp55
09-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Kevin, Waterfall? What kind of range was going in? I see the downdraft?
Yep, in "94 saw a custom house near here that used the "Early Days" GFRC on their hydronic floor and it was a disaster. Not only did they have to wear slippers because of the glass, but they used a white "shake and Bake" Sonosheen dye and they power troweled too long and the dye was heat reactive and turned a streaky black in spots. Owner said it was like owning a zebra rug with porcupine quills:)(They wound up epoxying it).
It Looks GREAT! Now figure out how to vent fireplace through through the concrete surround to be a giant, cozy, radiator and you'll be rich!! :)

kevin
09-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Its a good idea with the bench
The water fall weight 600 lbs made in the shop we made a cart to transport with a lift gate it was easier then i thought.The home was wheel chair acess
glass reinforced i agree is scary all my pieces are polished
no range in waterfall thank for compliment just trying to post interesting project a shop like mine has to move up .

myxpykalix
09-28-2014, 03:24 PM
Kevin,
I seem to recall a youtube video you posted or pictures of a concrete countertop you were making and i was struck by how extremely labor intensive it seemed to be in the sanding and finishing. This is beautiful work :D