PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Plywood

bud_olsen
02-20-2007, 07:10 PM
I am trying to find some place I can get B C plywood in large quantities at cheaper price then Lowe's or Home Depot in North or South Carolina?

Thanks
Bud

olecrafty
02-21-2007, 04:00 AM
I use Hardwoods-inc.com
maybe they have a branch close enough to serve you. They are a nation wide company with good prices on hardwood lumber and all plywoods

bill.young
02-21-2007, 06:24 AM
I buy Marine ply from McEwen...they have locations all over the Carolinas.

http://www.hoodindustries.com/distribution/mcewen/

handh
02-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Dealer Imports in Huntersville, NC might keep it. Also Locust Lumber in Monroe or Locust, NC sells alot of it. Worth a try.

bud_olsen
02-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the info, I will give the a call

Regards
Bud

knight_toolworks
02-28-2007, 12:51 PM
any decent lumberyard should be able to do it and deliver it for free. just get on the phone and make a few calls.

wardsa
11-26-2008, 06:24 AM
This may be a very general statement but, the Chineese plywood that I have tried (from 3 different suppliers) would work great for curved walls. The last load I got I sent back because I couldn't even get it to hold down with my 2 Fein vac table. 10 pieces of domestic Cherry on Chineese ply had a 6 in. bow. I'm not opposed to buying import, but for now I'll stick with domestic. Don't buy a large quanity until you check it out.
Terry

harryball
11-26-2008, 09:00 AM
It depends on what you mean by "large quantity". If you mean a tractor trailor load, then a distributor should be able to quote you some good prices (dixie-ply etc...)

If you mean a unit or two, my experience is going to Home Depot, Lowe's or a dealer with a trailer so they can load the ply by forklift and offering to pay cash gets the best discounts.

/RB

jhicks
11-26-2008, 07:10 PM
A few years ago I was buying bunks of Baltic Birch and posted an inquiry on wood web. I was shocked that an industrial distributor quoted and delivered at 1/2 of other lumber yards. So for whatever reason industrial suppliers here do not sell to cabinet shops etc but in this case they really knocked off a ton on the sheet cost. I just had to make them understand I was not a cabinet maker so they could calssify me as an industrial account.
Hope all is well Bud and good to see you posting. Its been a while.