PDA

View Full Version : New vac top.

Kyle Stapleton
10-20-2014, 11:37 AM
We have about 1/4" left on our bleeder for our vac top and I was wondering if we need to mill the whole thing off to the grid or just glue a new piece of LDF on to it?

Thanks,

bleeth
10-20-2014, 12:33 PM
You can just put a new piece down as long as you have surfaced your bleeder smooth first.
Don't spread glue over the whole thing. I just run glue around the edges, between each zone and a gob in the middle of each zone.
Then I put a piece of plywood, melamine, or something on top and run the vac for a couple hours till the glue dries.
Of course, you can also stack weights as well.

Kyle Stapleton
10-20-2014, 12:36 PM
Many Thanks,

dlcw
10-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Kyle,

The firs time my spoil board was getting thin, I surfaced it down to about 1/8" I then used the file for cutting the plenum to locate where there were high spots that the spoil board sits directly on. I colored several of these locations with a red marker. Now when my spoil board is getting thin, I surface it down until I see the red spots again. That is where I put my caulk before I put down a new 3/4" LDF spoil board. I never go below the original 1/8" piece of LDF on the table.

Works great and you don't end up putting adhesive in areas that you want vacuum to get pulled through.