PDA

View Full Version : Homing Machine

weihmue
11-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Hi,

I'm a new user ....I have the Desptop model. When I'm trying to home out the machine i get a crash instead of a proper home out routine.

I did load the settings file for the shopbot desktop. any help would be appreciated.

http://i58.tinypic.com/aot5oy.png

myxpykalix
11-02-2014, 09:56 PM
I don't have a desktop so this is purely a guess but try taking the (-) minus sign out of the measurement to make it 0.5 instead of -0.5 because it sounds to me like it is saying i want to go a half inch PAST my prox switch?

I could be totally wrong but what would it hurt? You can always stop it:confused:

weihmue
11-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Thanks jack....

I found the problem.....the cable came off tge y axis. Works great now.:)

scottp55
11-03-2014, 07:24 AM
Great Stefan :) Had my X-Prox wire fall off in shipping and got same thing. Blow off contacts on a regular basis and keep them clean as I found out Padauk dust can cause it to blow right past prox, and I'm sure other materials can do the same.(No Guys- I wasn't getting dust from the cut:) I shut DC off to talk on phone and was running a speedpass to get rid of fuzz-so cutting my chips into dust and Fines got attracted to electrical points-Won't do again fast).
Stefan, at least you know what a Hard Stop sounds like:) If you EVER hear that noise while cutting-STOP!! You've lost position.
I think it's on the next page, but did you check the "I have Z-prox" box? Makes for a nice modified Z-Zero routine.
Jack, Just so it doesn't mess up any new Desktoppers--- -.5X and -.5Y IS correct for the default setting.

weihmue
11-03-2014, 10:06 AM
i will go ahead and check "I have Z-prox".

scottp55
11-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Stefan, Just to make sure.. The newer Desktops with the 5.5"Z HAVE the upper Z-prox and the older ones don't unless you added or asked for it. Look at top of Z and make sure there is a prox switch there and wires are connected.
Also double check in VN and make sure your limits are "ON".
Correct behaviour if it's running right is it will double-tap the Z-plate as usual, then raise to safe Z-pause-then continue up to prox- and then retract 1/8".