PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation Dialogue Box In Aspire

whitefishwoodworker
12-01-2014, 11:07 AM
I have been using V-Carve for several months now and I have just purchased Aspire. I have a ShopBot Buddy 48 CNC. When I run a file in V-Carve, after I hit start I get a dialogue box that asks me if the correct # bit is in the collet. After this, I get another asking me if the bit has been zeroed. Lastly is the third box that I have to hit OK to start the milling.

In Aspire, I don't get the first two confirmation boxes. Is this a setting that I have to change in Aspire or is this a ShopBot control software issue?

Phil

Kyle Stapleton
12-01-2014, 11:15 AM
You are not using the same PP. You were using the TC PP in vcarve.

whitefishwoodworker
12-01-2014, 11:26 AM
So I assume the that TC stands for tool change and that is giving me these options. In Aspire, I am using arc inches to achieve smoother curves. If I were to copy the TC post processor from V-Carve to Aspire and output in that, would it work with 3D carvings?

Kyle Stapleton
12-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Never had any luck using the TC PP in aspire (tried to have my spindle tool 1 and airdrill tool 31 saved in the same file), but if you want to use it just grab it from you vcarve PP folder and paste it into your aspire PP fold... give it a try.

adrianm
12-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Replied on your thread in the Vectric forum but for completeness I'll repost it here as well:

Is it "Shopbot TC (Inch)(*.sbp)" that you've been using?

If so that includes all the arc code in it so it would be fine to use. ShopBot supplies two Post Processors now for the latest machines (one metric, one imperial) that support tool changes, speed control and arcs. They are installed with the ShopBot version of VCarve and with the ShopBot control software. The ShopBot Control software puts them into the C:\sbparts\VCarvePro_forShopBotPosts folder.

They work with Aspire once copied to the correct location.