View Full Version : SHOPBOT Desktop Offset Question

weihmue
12-07-2014, 06:54 PM
HI,
I'm trying to learn my new ShopBot Desktop and have some trouble finding the Tool Offset. My cut is to deep and I want to bring up Z+ about .025 where do I go and put in that tool offset?

Thank you very much,

Stefan

scottp55
12-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Stefan, Don't use offset much(messed up in the early days and stopped trying), but if it's just once for one tool--MZ, .025 and then ZZ or Keypad and then left mouse key swipe clean and enter .025 in the Z row, and then press the Zero Axis box and select Z.
Watch your display to confirm the new Z.

srwtlc
12-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Stefan,

Did you z zero the tool to the proper location according to how your design file was setup (table or material surface)?

If it's cutting too deep because of something that was done in the design file, you should edit your toolpath to cut to the proper depth and recalculate the toolpath.

If it's just a matter of needing to cut a little more or less depth, you can use MN (move nudge) to adjust up or down up to 0.5" per use. What this does, is raise or lower the tool and resets the value. This change is permanent, until you z zero the tool or another tool with the zero plate again.