View Full Version : Derry, NH Camp Shopbot - Oct 11

billp
06-30-2008, 01:45 PM
We'll be having our Derry, NH Camp Shopbot on October 11th at the shop of John & Donna Limoli.
Their company is called -
Nutfield Custom Cabinetry
One Corporate Park Drive
Derry, NH 03038
603-498-6252
The Camp will start with our traditional "coffee/donut" session between 8-9 AM, and the Camp itself will begin close to 9AM. Sessions should run until approximately 4PM, and as usual Shopbot will provide a lunch for all attending.
We'll be posting more specific info in the next few weeks, so keep checking back on this thread for updates, but we wanted to post the info early because we're going to be in that area just about the same time the leaves are doing their Autumn color show, and it could be tough to find accommodations if you are from out of the area.
John and Donna have provided the names of a few local hotels which I will post below. It would REALLY help us if those planning to attend just drop me a note at; campshopbot@gmail.com (mailto:campshopbot@gmail.com) so we know the size group we need to prepare for. If anyone in that area would like to do a presentation on some project you are working on please get back to me so I can schedule time for you. And this gives everyone some time to start working on your "Show and Tell" stuff as well.
Hotels in the area;
Breezy Hill Bed and Breakfast
603-432--122
Fairfield Inn
603-893-4722
Highlander Inn
603-625-6426
Sleep Inn
603-425-2110

billp
09-02-2008, 11:16 AM
In answer to a few e-mails the location for the Derry,NH Camp is less than 40 miles form Boston, so if you have any issues with lodging you can search between the two cities as well.
We're getting RSVP's for the Camp, and again it will help all of us plan better if you let us know you plan to attend in advance so we can make appropriate plans for supplies, food, etc.
Paul Zank will be there to show us the nuances of his great "inlay" technique which amazed a LOT of people down at the IWF. No one could believe that the work was done on a CNC machine (98% guessed "laser") until we briefly tried to explain how Paul did it.
This will be our only Camp in New England until (at least) the Spring so if you want to attend a Camp, this is the one...
Contact me at-campshopbot "at" gmail.com for RSVP's and details...

bill.young
09-02-2008, 11:50 AM
FYI, Paul has written a great article for the ShopBot wiki on his inlay technique...it works the same in PartWorks as VCarvePro.

http://shopbotwiki.com/index.php?title=VCarveProInlay

Bill

billp
09-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Just heard from a few more attendees to this Camp. It's getting close, so if you haven't dropped us a note regarding your plans to attend, we'd appreciate a short note letting us know so we can have adequate supplies, and food, on hand. Thanks !
campshopbot"at"gmail.com

billp
09-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Apparently the name of John's street is relatively new, ("Corporate Park Drive is a fairly new street off of Ash Street Ext. so it may not appear on Google yet (I did find that if you zoom in on Mapquest it shows Corporate Park Drive)" and may not be in your mapping program. here's a map, and driving directions, just in case...

billp
10-12-2008, 05:14 PM
It was a great Camp, and as an added bonus we managed to hit the "peak week" for Fall foliage as well. Thanks to John and Donna for all the work they did to host this Camp !
The blog is now posted at;
http://campshopbot.blogspot.com/,
And there are pictures on the Flickr page at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/campshopbot/

pappybaynes
10-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Thank you Bill, John and Donna...it was a great time!
Dick (and Susan)

paul_z
10-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks to John, Donna, and Bill.

It was a welcome break from the day job.

Bill, I actually was working on a rocket design the day before the camp.

Paul Z