View Full Version : SignCraft features Sarah & Laura

joe
01-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Winter Greetings Botters.

I'm so pleased to see two Shopboters getting front cover exposure on the best sign magazine in the trade, SignCraft. After reading the article I was so taken by the crafts-womanship, if there's such a word, I picked up the phone and gave them a call. Here's the way it went,

"Appalacian Signs, may I help you?"
it was Laura answering.
"Yes my name is Joe Crumley and I just saw the article in SignCraft and wanted to introduce my self and congratulate you on the beautiful sign work."
"Did you say Joe Crumley? I think I know you from somewhere."
Then the conversation took off.

They are using a PRT for much of the work. With the weather there they have ended up using HDU rather than wood. It seems to last better. You know I had to start blabbing about PVC and that raised some interest. Their procedure in making signs are much like mine. Most of it is 2.5D with a little 3d. We all know how difficult it is to survive with much 3d work. They like painting the sign parts then assembling them on the substrate. When you visit their website, which is A-plus. You'll love the opening page! The installation page is also fun.

We discussed materials, techniques, customers and all the good stuff seasoned artist talk about. It was a fun, good talk and I feel I made another good contact. Please give them a call and complement them on their fine work. Also let them know they are featured on the SB Forum. Sign artist need all the encouragement they can get. So do your part.

Appalaciansigns.com
(828) 265-1141

Joe Crumley
www.normansignco.com (http://www.normansignco.com)

khaos
01-11-2015, 01:30 PM
I want to second Joe's sentiment and correct the web address.

appalachiansigns.com (http://appalachiansigns.com/)

~Joe (the other one)

joe
01-11-2015, 01:51 PM
Thanks Joe,

I often post with corrections to be made but this forum has a short period for adjustments. Such a shame.

Joe

What did you think of the opening airplane photo on their website. Just brilliant. These girls are tops in my book.

khaos
01-11-2015, 02:50 PM
It kept my gaze for longer than 2 seconds and likely closer to 10 which is a HUGE win on the advertising front on or offline! :D I think that it is clean, uncluttered, and captures the fact that they are an Appalachian company.

David Iannone
01-12-2015, 04:47 PM
That website is top notch. And so is their work.

Signcraft, Sign Business, and Bass Pro Shops are my favorite magazines.

Joe C,
Its just like you were saying the end of last year in your posts about websites. Those girls nailed it. As you know I am trying to rebrand myself this year and have a more cutting edge logo, website and company vehicle graphics. I will be calling you this week, I have just been going to many directions at once lately. I cant wait to get started.
Thanks,

Dave