PDA

View Full Version : Interesting problem with V-carve pro current version.

steve_g
01-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Interesting problem with V-carve pro current version.
I’m unable to select any endmill to toolpath with… all others are Ok. The endmill icons are grayed out, and when I try to create a new one, I don’t have the option of creating an endmill.
I’ve tried importing older tool_db files with the same result.
Any ideas?
Thanks
SG

scottp55
01-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Steve, What kind of toolpath are you trying to run. Been drawing all month with 7.514 without any problems.

steve_g
01-19-2015, 08:03 PM
Scott…
I’m trying to do a perimeter cut with an 1/8” endmill.
SG

steve_g
01-19-2015, 08:34 PM
Problem solved…
I had multiple versions of V-Carve open… apparently one version crashed. When I shut down all versions, and restarted them, all was well.
Thanks
SG

scottp55
01-20-2015, 07:32 AM
Good Steve:)
Crashed early and then saw 1/8"profile mail:confused:
I knew with you it wasn't anything stupid!
Only time I've seen "greyed out" was inappropriate bit for toolpath (ie endmill for VCarve and knew you wouldn't do that), but did once have a corrupted database on a thumbdrive I transferred and drove me nuts until I re-exported a clean version on a new thumbdrive.
Basically just writing this for the archives and other new people searching.
Glad you got it sorted--Didn't mean to offend of course:)
Wishing I had your "Stash" and bandsaw:)
scott

steve_g
01-20-2015, 07:57 AM
Scott
Just for the record…
Anyone, including myself, is capable of brain dead mistakes! In this case, I should have known to shut down all concurrently running copies of the software when trying to solve an issue! Besides, my computer is faster when I don’t have so many windows open! Typically, I have Photoshop, Publisher, Office word, OWA Outlook, 2-3 copies of V-Carve, and my current search interest up on Google. How did we live without computers?
SG

scottp55
01-20-2015, 08:21 AM
Simpler? :)