PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Austin Texas 2-Day Camp ShopBot

Camp ShopBot
01-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Our Austin Texas 2-Day Camp ShopBot will once again be hosted by the fabulous Wayne Locke from Locke Design and Woodworks! This is our longest running Camp and is always a fun time.:D (9000 Featherhill Rd. Austin, TX 78737. Parking directions and other details will be emailed out 1 week prior to Camp.)

Because this is a 2-day Camp, you can expect multiple guest speakers, a few people from ShopBot headquarters on hand to answer questions, and lots and lots of great information on techniques, tips and the machines in general. And of course your participation is very much appreciated for the Show and Tell sessions: Bring your ShopBot projects to share! If you do client commissions or large installations, feel free to bring photos.

We had a record number turnout last year, so please, if you plan on attending, register as soon as you can.

2015 AUSTIN 2-Day Camp ShopBot (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PSszLvDhCaT6zTTceHceFzG8_DF5tLtbTAvfatQ8qiA/viewform)(click on link to register)

Camps are FREE to attend and lunch is included on both days.

Schedule:
Friday, Feb. 27:
9-10am: Meet & Greet with light refreshments
10am-noon: Morning presentations
Noon-1pm: Lunch
1-4pm: Afternoon presentations

Saturday, Feb. 28:
8:30-9am: Meet & Greet with light refreshments
9am-noon: Morning presentations
Noon-1pm: Lunch
1-4pm: Afternoon presentations
Camps usually wrap up between 4-5pm each day.

See you there!

Camp ShopBot
02-04-2015, 12:40 PM
The Austin Texas 2-Day Camp dates are Friday, Feb. 27 & Saturday, Feb. 28.

Camp ShopBot
02-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Over 45 people already registered for the Austin Texas Camp! Keep 'em coming! Join us Friday or Saturday or both days: each day offers a different program of speakers. We'd love to see you there! :)

Camp ShopBot
02-19-2015, 01:42 PM
1 week left to register for the 2-day Austin Texas Camp on Friday, Feb. 27 & Saturday, Feb. 28! We hope you are registered or if not, please register soon so we can make sure we have enough chairs and food! ;)

Camps are free to attend and lunch is included.

2015 AUSTIN 2-Day Camp ShopBot (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PSszLvDhCaT6zTTceHceFzG8_DF5tLtbTAvfatQ8qiA/viewform) (click on link to register)

Camp ShopBot
02-23-2015, 10:50 AM
Just a few days left before the Austin TX Camp! Here are some final details-

Address: 9000 Feather Hill Rd. Austin, TX 78737 - https://goo.gl/maps/ctuCd
Please leave yourself enough travel time.

Parking: There is street parking. Walk down below Wayne's garage and you will see his shop on the left. We will have some ShopBot signs up, too, directing you. Please do not park in front of Wayne's garage/shop. Please email us ASAP if you need an accessible parking space.

What to bring: A notebook or tablet computer is sometimes helpful to take notes, along with business cards if you have them. You are free to bring safety glasses, too, should any impromptu demos happen.

Show and Tell Session: A great part of Camps is the Show and Tell session: It offers everyone a chance to actively participate in the day. Floor space as well as tables to set your projects on will be available. If you do large work or client commissions, bring photographs to display. No matter if it is a ShopBot-made jig or beginner test piece or commissioned 3D carving, having lots of examples really enriches the Camp experience for everyone!

Morning Schedule:
Friday morning sign-in/Meet & Greet: 9-10am
Saturday morning sign-in/Meet & Greet: 8:30-9am

See you Friday &/or Saturday!:D

waynelocke
02-24-2015, 02:53 PM
The Austin Camp Shopbot is 3 days away. Depending on where you are coming from the weather will either be balmy or frigid. Both days should be in the 40's with a chance of rain Saturday. If you haven't yet signed up and would like to come please do so. If you don't sign up you are still welcome.

Be sure to bring some of your interesting projects and thoughts.

As usual, please park on the street and walk down the driveway past the garage and you will see my shop to the left.

Looking forward to Friday,
Wayne

joe
02-25-2015, 12:56 PM
Good luck to everyone down Wayne's way. Be sure to wear lots of sunscreen. The Texas sun will burn a hole through you.

Joe

joe
03-03-2015, 07:01 PM
How about posting something about the Austin Camp, like a few photo's.
MY mind drifts back to those days when Bill P. would report back on the Camps with photo's and good information about topics covered. This allowed many of us to put a face with the people posting on the forum. Hope those days aren't over.

zeykr
03-03-2015, 07:26 PM
I was looking for the pictures too

steve_g
03-03-2015, 11:16 PM
Me three!
I wasn’t able to attend this year and thought some pictures might bring back some memories!
SG

Camp ShopBot
03-04-2015, 01:47 PM
There are a few photos up on the ShopBot Tools Facebook page-
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=956935364317900&id=220266404651470

joe
03-04-2015, 06:57 PM
FaceBook? O NO!

Have we given up on posting the Camp events on the Forum? There are lots of guys who have traveled long distances with some excellent examples of what they've done and I can't believe there is all we have.

Has Shopbot give up on Camp Posting?

Joe Crumey

scottp55
03-05-2015, 07:33 AM
Yeah, Who did the two layer text on the 3D? , And what the heck is the "Contraption" :)
Not everybody uses Face...., and some like me canceled our accounts for many reasons, so we can't comment or question:(
scott

garyb
03-05-2015, 10:26 AM
2 day camp, only 4 photos and not one response posted here from an attendee.
a little disappointing in comparison to previous camps gone by !!
About 6 months ago I stumbled onto a link for the past camp photo's, have not been able to find it since, any one know where they are at ?
I'm also with the other guys that face book is a poor portal for these.
Gary

scottp55
03-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Mr Beckwith, From this thread?
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?20930-Duh!-Never-seen-these-pics-before-%28

garyb
03-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Thanks Scott that was the one I couldn't find.
dang that was only January.......felt like 6 months ago
pity the last lot of camps haven't been added to that lot
Gary

gary_n
03-07-2015, 09:29 AM
There are several pics from the Austin camp on the ShopBot blog site with more to be added.

scottp55
03-07-2015, 11:32 AM
Link;
http://www.shopbotblog.com/2015/03/images-shopbot-camp-austin-tx-2015/