PDA

View Full Version : Aspire 4.5 not outputting speed

barrowj
01-24-2015, 08:29 AM
Hi,

I recently upgraded from VcarvePro to Aspire and have noticed that Aspire is not outputting the TR command (speed) even though I set it in the tool database. I didn't have this issue with VcarvePro so not sure why Aspire isn't handling this correctly. Anyone else having this issue? I am using the ShopBot Processor "ShopBot (inch)(*.sbp)".

My setup is: 2004 PRT Alpha, Colombo 3hp, 4g Controller....

Appreciate any feedback, maybe I missed something that needs to be setup.

Joe

tlempicke
01-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Hi,

I recently upgraded from VcarvePro to Aspire and have noticed that Aspire is not outputting the TR command (speed) even though I set it in the tool database. I didn't have this issue with VcarvePro so not sure why Aspire isn't handling this correctly. Anyone else having this issue? I am using the ShopBot Processor "ShopBot (inch)(*.sbp)".

My setup is: 2004 PRT Alpha, Colombo 3hp, 4g Controller....

Appreciate any feedback, maybe I missed something that needs to be setup.

Joe

When you output it to the post processor, the last step before saving, there are a lot of selections for how you want it done. This is probably where you are losing the info.

barrowj
01-24-2015, 08:42 AM
I have attached the screenshot for my "Save Toolpaths" screen, not sure that there is anything there for this issue. I could be wrong of course.

barrowj
01-24-2015, 08:45 AM
Just in case, I have attached the screenshot of my tool in the tool database.

Brady Watson
01-24-2015, 09:01 AM
Extract the attached ZIP to: C:\ProgramData\Vectric\Aspire\V4.5\PostP or wherever your Aspire PostP folder resides. Then you should have speed control. Overwrite the one that is there.

-B

barrowj
01-24-2015, 12:26 PM
Thanks Brady, that was one that I looked at but thought it would have slightly different commands since it appeared to be for the Plasma Cutter. It works so I'll just use it, thanks for the file and suggestion.

Joe

Brady Watson
01-24-2015, 12:37 PM
I very much doubt that it was the exact same post since I just modified this one this morning for you. This is for Aspire - the name may be the same as what you already have, but it no longer posts TR,15000,1 - I truncated the ,1 so it works properly.

-B

barrowj
01-24-2015, 12:48 PM
Thanks, I see now what you modified. Could that (TR, [S]) code be put in the regular ShopBot_inch.pp file??

Brady Watson
01-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Yes. Although it offers no advantage over the arcs post except for readability. The arcs post actually cuts curves more smoothly.

-B

adrianm
01-25-2015, 04:17 AM
Brady, what's the issue with the ,1 on the TR? I've always had that in my custom PP's and it's worked fine. I assumed it was for multiple spindles?

Brady Watson
01-25-2015, 07:37 AM
Older versions of SB3 don't like it...

-B