PDA

View Full Version : still around... a few new turnings

steve
02-16-2015, 12:22 PM
Yes, I'm still here and turning. Here are a couple of pics., more on my facebook site, if your interested.
https://www.facebook.com/cottagewoodworkers

and a pic of me doing it old school and a table...

MogulTx
02-16-2015, 12:30 PM
Steve!

WOW! Incredibly beautiful work! You amaze.

I am jealous of the very tall Z and the dual spindles, too! (Some day!)

Great work. Post more often!

Monty

Brady Watson
02-16-2015, 03:19 PM
Hey Steve - It's nice to see you posting again. I'm sure there are many who have missed your posts & pics...GREAT work as always! ;)

-B

steve
02-16-2015, 03:40 PM
Thanks Monty, thanks Brady.
Monty, I got this machine in 2008. I thought I may never have another one so I better get it just the way I wanted. If it didn't have the indexer I wouldn't have bothered. I love the two cutting heads, I can put a square blank on and come back to a turned leg. The next things I want are another, removable, Z axis and a second indexer. I could get a lot of gardening done with those two additions!

myxpykalix
02-16-2015, 08:29 PM
I don't know what emotion to admit to...jealousy, envy:mad:....excellent work!

You really need to post more often. Like you I got the biggest best model with the indexer because the indexer was the bigger motivation for me. I knew i wanted to do stuff with that mainly.

It looks like you have a great view from your shop. I may be contacting you shortly for some advice, i have to get one of those foam hospital type beds that goes up and down and i'm probably going to want to make a nice 4 poster bed to disguise it and will need some advice on designs...excellent work!:D

steve
02-17-2015, 09:47 AM
Hi Jack, yea great view from my place.
I'd like to make all my income from CNC work, although case work still involves the bot, I'd rather just do CNC and mostly turnings. Of course these days i'm more open to selling the models than I used to be.

gc3
02-17-2015, 09:19 PM
very, very nice works...

thanks for posting again...

myxpykalix
02-18-2015, 02:20 AM
Steve i sent you an email via the forum. Let me know if you got it.:eek: