PDA

View Full Version : New Version 8

khaos
02-28-2015, 02:11 PM
So as many of you know I am a bit of a value whore. That is to say, I want to know what added value I am getting for my money. I skipped the 4.5 upgrade because it brought nothing of value (for me) to the table. The version 8 (Brought up to match vCarve) of aspire has a few points that might fly under the radar that are added value and make the wallet crack grade. :rolleyes:

64-bit Support !! #this

Since I have run into the memory limit many times, this is a real value to me.

Increment and Save

This is an awesome timesaver for me.
Previously I had written a program to monitor changes and save major and minor revisions.

Another nice feature is the merge tool path option.

When I saw that I though "pfft it has done that since it was born." Then on closer examination I saw what they meant. Production shops cutting many parts from a single sheet read and heed this one.

Last pass allowance.

I know many of us tricked the software with false bit sizes and alternate zzeros to accomplish this and were sometimes punished for human error. Now. TADA.

■ Have to wait and see if the added clip art/models is actually worth anything. What came with aspire v1 was a very nice selection. So we will see.
■ The tutorials are supposed to be all new. IF they demo the new features in a meaningful way that will really rock. Demo's are subjective to what you need right now and are hard to get just write. I have enjoyed and benefited from the aspire tuts in the past. I am cautiously optimistic on this.

cowboy1296
03-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Yeah I am with you Joe i by passed 4.5, but jumped in yesterday for the 8. Of course most of my stuff is 3-d and the models that come with it dont really interest me, but i never turn down a free model. Speaking of which i dont have my models yet, i am thinking that vectric will contact me to register at which point i will get them. I like the ability to resize while in 3-d viewing. But i am still playing with it in an attempt to learn enough to get me into trouble.

khaos
03-01-2015, 04:02 PM
You might be able to log into the vectric site and download the models directly. I know when I log in it shows what I have purchased as well as bundled models. Overall those guys are the bees knees and will do the best they can for you.

cowboy1296
03-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Color me stupid if you want but i can not figure out how to log on to vectric.com.

khaos
03-01-2015, 06:16 PM
I'm sorry. I meant http://www.vectorart3d.com. Although now that I go there I dont see the tagging in the browse function only option is to redownload under order history. :/

COBOB
03-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Once they get you registered they will send you an email to the Portal so you can download the clipart. Until they send that email, you can't get anything.

It will look like:

https://portal.vectric.com/

You have to register first. That will be in the email, establishing your User Name and Password.

knight_toolworks
03-01-2015, 08:53 PM
I have been debating it is 400 cheaper then the last upgrade that I skipped. I am on 4.5. but my problem is i get stuck doing things one way and it is hard to start using new features. what I want is to be able to set directories for my save files and my tollbooths I make. I spend so much time jumping around in directors saving files and saving tollbooths and opening new things.

Mike Windsor
03-01-2015, 10:07 PM
I'd like to get the v8 upgrade , and did not skip the version 4 upgrade . I feel a bit short changed that I have to pay as much for V8 as the people who skipped the upgrade .

khaos
03-02-2015, 12:03 AM
I'd like to get the v8 upgrade , and did not skip the version 4 upgrade . I feel a bit short changed that I have to pay as much for V8 as the people who skipped the upgrade .

Don't feel so bad. If you didn't get v1 or v2 then you paid less for v3 and v4 than we did. :)

knight_toolworks
03-02-2015, 12:29 AM
I paid 800 I think for 4. got 4.5 free if I remember right.

Justin G
03-02-2015, 02:21 AM
Got 8 right when it came out. I do mostly 3d work, but it seems like this is a huge upgrade to their software for every user. The ramping of 3d roughing for me is huge, and the built in onion skin pass on profiles is great. One of the main things I have noticed about ALL of the tutorials is they seem a lot more focused on showing shortcuts/ efficient ways to process things. Like pressing "f" to fit, or ctrl/shift/H to copy something across the material horizontally. Even for guys that use the program extensively, you'll learn a couple things by watching them. I learned you can use the measure tool to find y axis (or x) distances from one point to another that are not directly on the same axis.

cowboy1296
03-02-2015, 07:41 AM
Thanks Bubba, although i wont wait forever i will wait for vectric to contact me. To be honest there arent any of the so called free 3-d models that interest me, but if i paid for them i want them. So far i like the upgrade.

I like the idea was being able to set the pass depth of the last pass on a pocket. If this is possible i am not seeing it but is it possible to set the step over for that last pass without creating a new tool path.

COBOB
03-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Cowboy, it took them 24 hours to get me registered. You probably got delayed by the weekend and the 7 hour time difference.

You don't set a stepover. In the "Last Pass" box you set an allowance. I have only used it once so far, used a 0.03 allowance, got a very nice edge. I will be using it a couple of times today. If I learn anything I will keep you posted.

cowboy1296
03-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Doing to downloads now, some of them are huge.

cowboy1296
03-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Did i miss something, there were a lot more downloads then i thought that i was getting.

knight_toolworks
03-02-2015, 06:21 PM
I realized I had 3.5 so the cost was much better then the 800.00 I would have paid that I could not afford.

Brian Moran
03-03-2015, 05:11 AM
I realized I had 3.5 so the cost was much better then the 800.00 I would have paid that I could not afford.
The upgrade cost to Aspire V8 is $400 regardless of the previous version of Aspire you are upgrading from.

David Iannone
03-03-2015, 08:22 AM
I just checked my Spam folder this morning. I upgraded from Vcarve pro to Aspire sometime middle or late last year, and in the email it said I fall into the free upgrade period........:cool:

That was a nice surprise. And a good way to start off my day. Vectric is a great Software company. Makes it so affordable for a small sign shop like myself to be able to afford powerfull 3D CNC Modeling software. And great for the big shops too. Been using Vectric since somewhere in 2007. Before that it was Artcam Insignia. (Also a good software company)

I of course have been sold on vectric since the first trial download. Easy user interface and can do anything I will ever want to create, I am still learning how to use the advancements from VCP to Apsire. I still have A LOT of tutorials to watch.

Thanks Vectric.

Dave

knight_toolworks
03-03-2015, 11:45 PM
The upgrade cost to Aspire V8 is $400 regardless of the previous version of Aspire you are upgrading from.
not last time it was not. 4 was 800 so I skipped it.

knight_toolworks
03-03-2015, 11:54 PM
I was having trouble finding a few things. the align menu has to be added it is not on the main pane anymore. Trying to find tollbooth summary so I can check depth and nope I asked on vectric they how me how to make a whole summery but I found just hover over the tollbooth and it shows.

adrianm
03-04-2015, 03:10 AM
I was having trouble finding a few things. the align menu has to be added it is not on the main pane anymore. Trying to find tollbooth summary so I can check depth and nope I asked on vectric they how me how to make a whole summery but I found just hover over the tollbooth and it shows.
Those came in at V4 so you would have missed most of the discussion about them.