PDA

View Full Version : Help with alingment

barrowj
03-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Hi all,

I am attempting to make my wife a necklace-beading layout board and need to align the ruler to the outside edge with 0 at the top. I have created the ruler and layout of the board but the fit text to curve will not work since it is not a single line of text. Please see the attached crv3d file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Brady Watson
03-03-2015, 01:48 PM
There are several ways to do this...but if we back up for a second and look at the path of least resistance, it would be to cut out that middle offset vector in a piece of scrap. Engrave the 0 mark at the top of the curve (v-bit) and then burn 10" on your seamstress tape & set it to the 0 mark. Wrap it around the outside perimeter and put pencil marks around it at your 1/8" intervals on the one side, flip the tape 180 and do the other arc/leg. Put it on your flatbed scanner and scan it in. Then put the vectors where you need them. Arduous I know & not the answer you were looking for...but any way you slice it, it's going to be work.

Doing it all in Aspire is 100% possible, but not without doing a little bit of math to verify your ticks are correct around the curve, using a straight line and polar array...

-B