PDA

View Full Version : Programmign problems

banjomanwv
03-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Ive got two things that have been happening on my shopbot.

The first is when I run multiple operations like drilling, profile and pocket tool paths at one time only one will run and then it will stop.

To be clear I have two desktops, one will do all the operations at once and they about the same age and run the same programs, v carve pro.

So if I am doing a fingerboard, and I drill, the route the pockets and maybe run a profile and then save my file, one machine will run all the steps just fine. The other will run one, the shortest one and then it will return to Zero and stop, im sure its just something I need to do in the programming but what?

The 2nd problem is with the other machine. When running something as you guys know you have to pick a speed, feed rate etc. So I have my files saved as like .032 for rosewood.....or .024 for ebony etc

I use a flat board to glue pearl to and before I do I will trace the outlines in the flat board (then glue pearl over it) , when running this program I just use a .032 bit and use the guidelines for the .032 rosewood files yet when it cuts its herky jerky as hell. If it cut like that on pearl or rosewood it would snap in a heartbeat but it only does it on the flat boards yet it has no way to know what its cutting right? I even created custom speeds and plunge rates etc, still does the same thing

jerry_stanek
03-06-2015, 06:18 PM
Are you making the files on the same computer or on different ones. I would copy the file tht runs all the steps and try it on the shopbot that doesn't run it. Narrow it down as much as possible.

scottp55
03-06-2015, 10:28 PM
Is this the second used machine you just bought, that's having the problems?
Maybe some settings got messed up by previous owner?
Have you done a UR and reinstalled firmware?
Just guessing, for after trying Jerry's suggestion.
Triple check your decimals:)(That's one of My specialties..misplaced or missing ones:)
Is Packet ET under 20?
Is second control computer similar enough so it's "apples to apples"? May want to swap them out(and Maybe components as well?) and see if problem transfers with the computer after trying the file swap.
Keep track of what you try as you continue to isolate the problem.
Good luck
scott

donek
03-06-2015, 11:09 PM
It sounds like you have
output all visible tool paths to one file
unchecked on one machine. It's at the top of the save toolpaths dialogue in vcarve.

barrowj
03-07-2015, 07:15 AM
@donek,

That solves my problem, after upgrading to Aspire 8 (free this time) I have been having the same issue. Thanks to your suggestion I noticed that "Output all visible toolpaths to one file" was not checked.

Thanks

Joe

banjomanwv
03-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Donek, that's one problem down...thanks so much