PDA

View Full Version : I need someone that can make an Aspire file for me that is familiar with 2 rail sweep

ColdBlooded
03-11-2015, 12:07 PM
I am using a older version of Aspire and can not correctly make the part s I need. Anyone that works with the 3D tools that can help. Scott made me a sample file using a different software but I cant get it to work in Aspire. Basically I need a front flange with a 8" and 14" radius and a back flange with a 7.5" and 13.5" radius made from 3/8" stock. Thanks if someone can help.

scottp55
03-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Brendan needs the male part of this.
Just too awkward using profile on line in VCP and haven't had the time or results I wanted.
Fluting toolpath for the female was easy, but not the male.
Sorry I never got back to it Brendan:(
2 rail sweep, but no Aspire here.
scott

ColdBlooded
03-11-2015, 12:50 PM
Thanks again Scott for your help.

Brady Watson
03-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Post or email the 2D cross sections - and I'll whip it up for you.

Draw a rectangle(s) to represent the footprint of the part(s). Draw the cross section(s) you want to sweep the rails with.

What version of Aspire are you running? This will determine the 3D file you get...

-B

ColdBlooded
03-11-2015, 03:46 PM
3.5" square w/ .25 radius corners with 8" radius cut into .354 acrylic. I also need the reverse with 7.5" radius. I need a front and back flange to be glued to a 8"od acrylic tube for a flat surface for a bulkhead mount. I'm running a very old version 1.029. I'm talking with Aspire currently for a very overdue upgrade. I dont think I can illustrate it better then Scott did above. Thanks

Brady Watson
03-11-2015, 04:17 PM
Look...the pay sucks and the hours are long.

See attached image. If you want me (or anyone else) to help you (for free), ya gotta give some more information.

Draw a rectangle that represents the width and length of the part. Draw a cross section that represents the 3D portion.

Attached is an example.

-B

ColdBlooded
03-11-2015, 04:57 PM
I did not ever say I expect someone to work for free. I have no problem paying for someones time. I am a newby to Aspire 3D tools. I looked at your sample drawing. It looks like one of the parts i'm after. If I could draw you a better sample I would not be on here asking for help. For me to give you what you require is the same thing I'm asking help with. I don't know how to draw a 2 rail sweep with my version. I need the drawing you did with a outside dimension of 3.5" square and .352" thick w/a 8" diameter sweep. Maybe it will be easier after I upgrade. If anyone understands what i am looking for and has a fee in mind for the work please email me. Thanks

ColdBlooded
03-11-2015, 05:00 PM
All of the drawing in this thread are exactly what I need. Just in a file I can work with in my version. VERY OLD version 1.029

Brady Watson
03-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Attached pic with white background shows exactly what I need from you. It's only 2D - no 3D drawing of any kind required on your part.

Draw a rectangle that shows the footprint. Draw the cross section to get swept along the rails of those vertical lines of the rectangular footprint. NO 2 RAIL SWEEP on your part required.

Just draw the 2D. Export as EPS. ZIP it and post it.

If you cannot draw 2D in the software, a piece of paper and pencil with dimensions will do. Take a pic with your phone or scan into computer with flatbed.

There are contradictions in your specs above. It is unclear. Is this a 2-sided part or single sided part? Does it need to be full 3D on both sides like a real life pipe saddle or does it have to be only dished on one side and flat on the back? Is there a Google Image somewhere that you can mark up with dimensions that shows what you need?

A simple drawing clears all confusion. Clarity is important in this line of work.

Would you say that you need something that looks like the red part or the blue part...or???

-B

ColdBlooded
03-11-2015, 08:27 PM
24400See attached pen and paper diagram. Need 2 parts. The one in blue Part A is outside. Part B in red and inside part. Both parts are 3.5"Lx3.5"Wx3/8" thick acrylic. Need both parts to glue on the inside and outside of a 8"OD, 7.5"ID, 1/4" wall acrylic tube so it will have 2 flat faces to attach a bulkhead. Scott's post to this thread (2nd post has a much better quality drawing then my pen/paper drawing.) let me know if this held with my bad description.

ColdBlooded
03-11-2015, 08:28 PM
...Helped....

Kyle Stapleton
03-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Looks good, can you import an .stl file?

Brady Watson
03-11-2015, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the pic that helps. See attached PDF drawing. It is not possible to get what you want in 3/8" material and have it be 3.5" wide (at tangent) without truncating the arc. This could be what you were eluding to with your first pic.

You'll get both halves with full curvature @ 2.75" width. This is the advantage of CAD - you see things like this you can't on paper.

Going to bed...will check in morning.

-B

ColdBlooded
03-11-2015, 10:50 PM
Yes, exactly what I'm looking for. Since your drawing was exactly the same as the one posted in the 2nd post of this thread you can understand my confusion as to what you where asking for. Is it possible to get a file that will work with my old version of Aspire? or do I need to upgrade first? If you did not see it this is the picture posted in the 2nd post of this thread. 24402

Brady Watson
03-12-2015, 06:35 AM
I wasn't able to see Scott's pic until this morning for some reason? Sorry about that. Not sure why it didn't show up.

See attached ZIP with STLs of inside & outside. The inside is only 3.27" wide so that you can get the part out of .375" thick material. The outside is 3.5" wide. Both are 3.5" long.

v1.029 is so old, I don't even have it installed on anything....We're up to version 8 now :rolleyes: Well worth the price of admission. Lots of training videos included with the upgrade.

Extract the ZIP & create a new model in Aspire. Then import the STLs via Model->Import 3D Model (I think this is the same lingo in that version).

Aspire will create a component of each. You'll need a vector boundary for each part. One @ 3.27x3.5 and another 3.5x3.5". They should be centered on each model to function as a machining boundary. You'll select the component and boundary before creating 3D roughing and finishing toolpaths. Use the boundary vector for a profile toolpath for the 2D cutout. Avoid 3D offset & choose raster when 3D finish machining these parts.

Good luck with it!

-B

ColdBlooded
03-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Brady, Thank you so much they are perfect. I'm going to need other sizes and would like some training on Aspire and the Indexer. I see you offer advanced training. What does it cost for someone to come up for a day and acquire all of your knowledge?

Brady Watson
03-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Great - glad they worked out!

Please contact me off list for pricing. We can talk about your goals and tailor training to your needs & budget.

Thanks!
-B

ColdBlooded
03-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Thanks guys for the help. Parts turned out almost perfect. Needs a few tweaks and to tighten up my stepover but very nice. Thanks again. 2441924420

Brady Watson
03-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Great! Make some money & upgrade your Aspire :cool:

-B

ColdBlooded
03-13-2015, 11:40 AM
I'm trying to upgrade my Aspire. Not getting the best communication or assistance from Vetric. Version 1.0 is so old you can't upgrade online. I have not had the need to upgrade until now. I don't cut much in 3D. I am intrigued with the idea of cutting acrylic tubes on an Indexer and was going to upgrade my bot to a 60"x120"x6" this summer. Now I think I'll go for the 12" w/Indexer. Brady, I don't have a CNC cutting business. I use it for personal use. These parts are for a large fluid bed filter I'm making for myself. I have way to many personal projects. I would never have the time to sell my CNC services. I will contact you for some advanced training before I purchase an Indexer. Thanks Again.

Brady Watson
03-13-2015, 01:46 PM
No problem. We'll be here when you're ready. :)

-B