PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Camp Shopbot

cedarknight
02-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Signs & Designs, the company I work will be hosting a Camp Shopbot Saturday May 8th, 2004 in Cedar Falls, Iowa. Look for more information to follow here and at Shopbot site.

tim_in_mn
02-22-2004, 11:24 AM
I am interested in attending you camp in Iowa on 5-8-04. Your posting mentions more information, but I haven't seen any yet. Please contact me with details.

Thanks
Tim in MN

cedarknight
02-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Thanks for responding Tim. I am sending Information to Shopbot this week and they will add their, then get it on the website soon, I hope.

mrdovey
02-23-2004, 05:35 PM
I'm interested, too!

Morris

cedarknight
03-01-2004, 10:38 AM
IOWA CAMP SHOPBOT

May 8, 2004

Signs & Designs
www.thesignpeople.net (http://www.thesignpeople.net)
5600 Nordic Dr
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-277-8829
E-mail: Bretatthesignpeople.net Replace at with @ symbol.

Registration
No charge but do let Bret know you're coming. He needs a head count to set up chairs and food!

Tentative Schedule:
Friday Night - Informal Social Gathering for those arriving early. At Camp David, across Highway 58 from shop. 7-9 PM

Saturday 8:30AM to around 5:00PM

Introductions

Software Stuff

Art Cam Pro

Mill Wizard

Part Wizard

New Windows version of Shopbot, Cad and other program use to draw.

Demonstration talks

Cutting materials for letters, logos, etc

Hold downs, vacuum/mechanical

dust control/collection

bit selection, usage on different materials

3D cutting and probe usage

sign shop usage for SB equipment

I am open if someone else has topic they would like to discuss.

The camp is the same weekend as graduation at the university here. The same motels closet to the shop are also the same closet to the university. There are several more in the area from 3 to 10 miles away. If anybody need help in finding a motel in the area they can let me know.

Lodging
AmericInn (319)277-6166, 800-634-3444 1 Block from Shop
Country Inn & Suites 319-268-1800, 800-456-4000 1 1/4 miles from shop
Holiday Inn 319-277-2230 2 miles from shop
Heartland Inn 319-232-7467, 800-334-3277 3 Miles from the shop

cedarknight
04-12-2004, 10:04 AM
IOWA CAMP SHOPBOT - May 8th, 2004

It will be a busy weekend around town here. So if you need a room, you might want to start booking now. I will be doing some checking around, with some postings here to come. But, if you already check and need some help e-mail me. Less then a month away. I have at least 12 people signed up, not included Bill Young, Myself or any of the guys from our shop. Don't worry we have plenty of room. Come learn and share your experinces so we can all increase our knowledge. And profits too.

bill.young
04-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Hey all,

You can see some of Bret's work in the Spotlight section on the ShopBot web site. Very neat stuff.

See y'all there,
Bill

cedarknight
04-19-2004, 10:36 AM
IOWA CAMP SHOPBOT - MAY 8th, 2004

I have around 16 people registered plus Myself, a couple guys from the shop and Bill Young now. So, somewhere around 20. But if you would like to come, we have plenty of room. Just e-mail to registar. It's free, hopefully be some knowledge to be gained and fun too.

See Ya here,
Bret

gerald_d
04-19-2004, 11:31 AM
The Spotlight (http://www.shopbottools.com/spotlight.htm) currently on Bret's work. His award-winning signs (http://www.thesignpeople.net/awards.html).

cedarknight
04-19-2004, 11:50 PM
Thanks Gerald for the mentions. But let it be known, Our owner David Schachterle is the designer. I am only one of the builders. It takes a team like we have at our shop to put quality work.

gerald_d
04-20-2004, 01:00 AM
I am soooo jealous of you guys who can get together in workshops where such quality work is done and to share your experiences.

cedarknight
04-26-2004, 06:51 PM
IOWA CAMP SHOPBOT May 8th, 2004 on a Saturday.

Please registar if you are attending. It is free.

8:30 AM to Around 5:00 PM

Social Gathering for those arriving on Friday.
7PM-9PM Friday evening at Camp David just across Hwy 58 from our Shop.

Direction to Our Shop. Signs & Designs
5600 Nordic Dr.
Cedar Falls, IA. 50613

We are in the Industrial Park on the south edge of town.

From the North: Hwy 218 to Cedar Falls, just inside of town take Hwy 58 south. Hwy 218 will turn east, stay on Hwy 58. Turn right or west on Viking Rd. and then right immediatly on to Nordic Dr., we are the 5th buisness to the north on the right hand side.

From the East, West or South: US Hwy 20, take Hwy 58 exit North to Viking road. Which is the first traffic light. Turn left and then right immediatly on to Nordic Dr., we are the 5th buisness to the north on the right hand side.

bill.young
05-10-2004, 08:07 AM
Well I haven't made it all the way home quite yet but wanted to thank Bret and all the guys at Signs and Designs for putting on a great Camp in Cedar Falls. There were about 25 people there, ranging from ShopBotters that had had their machines for 5 years or more years to folks that were still trying to decide about buying one. There were a lot of familiar faces from the Jamboree and other Camps around the country, and a several people that post on the forum so that we got a chance to put "a face with the name". There was even the first "long-distance" show-and-tell...Ron Brown sent one of his Texas Stars by Express mail so that we could show it off!

On my way to the Camp I stopped by 5 ShopBotter's shops to see what they were doing and how they used their Shopbots, and will try to get some pictures posted of these visits and the Camp as soon as I get home.

Bill

mrdovey
05-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Bill...

Please do. Thanks to you for all that driving and your presentations (and showing off your toys!).

Big thanks to everyone at Signs & Designs (and their families for letting the rest of us borrow 'em on a Saturday) for hosting. Interesting operation - and I'm still digesting all of the (new to me) materials and signmaking info.

Morris

charles48
05-10-2004, 06:47 PM
Thanks, Bill and Signs & Designs. Great day, nice people, good conversation, good info.

Charlie

Support
06-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Read about Bill's trip and tour the shops he visited on his way -www.shopbottools.com/billscorner.htm (http://www.shopbottools.com/billscorner.htm)