PDA

View Full Version : VCP SB 8.014 only saving one tool path with multiples selected

jTr
04-28-2015, 08:18 PM
Emailed Vectric support, but thought I'd ask here as well. Copy of message sent:

Just updated last week to VCarve Pro shopbot version 8.014. Finding out today there is a problem with saving multiple toolpaths. Opening saved template with corresponding toolpaths for 5mm holes, dados, and two paths for cutouts. Only saves the final cutout - found out because I was driving a 1/4" bit through 3/4" MDF core plywood and getting visible wandering in cuts, then realized it was only running the final pass.
Any clues as to why it's disregarding the other paths? All paths selected when saved. Tried again to be sure I didn't miss, and still only showing final cutout when reading the saved files. Tried ShopbotTC(inch) as well as Shopbot(inch)(toolchange)(W/speed) post processors and not making any difference.

jeff

jTr
04-28-2015, 08:24 PM
Couldn't resist posting - this is what your bit will do at 10,000 rpm 5 ips through .75 MDF core ply in a single pass...24915
BAM Carbide brand, for those of you who are seeking a robust router bit - stunned it came out in one piece!

donek
04-28-2015, 09:03 PM
Be sure the very top check box is checked

"Output all visible toolpaths to one file"

jTr
04-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Thank you very much - That's the box I missed. :o

scottp55
04-29-2015, 03:22 AM
Jeff,
Glad Sean got you straightened.
VCP8 is up to V8.016
Just thought I'd mention as it straightened out a problem I was having.
HOPE Shopbot will post a downloadable patch for Non-online control computers soon. Nancy?
Only came out 2days ago though.
YEP, interesting cut, I hope never to see:)

Kyle Stapleton
04-29-2015, 07:36 AM
What bot are you running?
We run two passes (5 ips at 12000 RPM's with a 1/4" downcut or compression) in mdf, one climb at .73 and a clean up final conventional at .755 and ,while your RPM's are lower they are within the right (all be it higher chipload), that said we never have wander like that.
You might want to check your bot out.

jTr
04-29-2015, 09:59 AM
Kyle,
3 yr old PRS Alpha 9660 w/2.2hp spindle. I agree, better check out the spindle mount, motors,etc. - certainly looks like something loose - I just assumed bit wander, but that is very extreme. I'll know more about it by days end as I've got a stack of plys to cut...

Thanks for the input!
Jeff

MogulTx
04-29-2015, 11:46 AM
Are you holding it with vacuum? Could the vacuum have allowed it to wander due to forcing the bit through too much material at once? ( I don't have vacuum, so I am not a good judge on that)... AFTER checking the pinions and spindle rigidity, I might check to see that the part was securely held....

jTr
04-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Are you holding it with vacuum? Could the vacuum have allowed it to wander due to forcing the bit through too much material at once? ( I don't have vacuum, so I am not a good judge on that)... AFTER checking the pinions and spindle rigidity, I might check to see that the part was securely held....

Yes, 4 lighthouse motors. Just resurfaced table prior to this sheet - thought of that as well, but unable to slide the sheet with all my weight when running...

Spindle mount did not seem loose, but the 4 bolts did accept an additional amount of torque - just firing up for the day shortly, so I'm going to take a very close look at the collet also.

Marc189
04-14-2016, 05:16 PM
Thank you for that information, I was having the same problem and just posted it without checking if it had already been addressed. Funny how the little things mess you up.