PDA

View Full Version : cannot get output 2 and 3 to turn off

plastics
09-22-2015, 09:51 AM
running pr alpha 96
a guy in training started the machine and said the x and y were way off.
they were
I tried to zero tbc, 2 and 3 outputs are tripped
I tried to reset outputs, nothing
I tied to reset tbc, still tripped after doing it with arrow keys
ive tried to reset the proxy switches, ive tried the control box. cannot get them to turn off

Brady Watson
09-22-2015, 10:26 AM
See if this gets you squared away...

From SB ComRef.pdf (Command Reference in SB3 Help):

ZT - Zero Table Base Coordinates

In addition to its 'working' coordinate system, ShopBot maintains a 'Base' (reference or absolute) Coordinate
System that can be used to re-establish your working location in terms of the base zero points (the real
physical corner) of your tool. This system is set up with [ZT] and re-established with [ST]. Note that limit
checking ([VL], [SF]) is done with reference to the Base Coordinate System and not the current working
coordinates.

The [ZT] command zeros out (sets to 0.000) the base coordinate system of your tool. You would typically
use this command to set the true physical 0,0,0,0 point of your tool after moving each axis to its starting or
zero location. Base coordinates are maintained as you change the working coordinate system of your tool so
that at anytime, you can return to this true base coordinate system.
NOTE: [ZT] is powerful in that it resets your Table Base Coordinate System. Only use it when necessary.
NOTE: The Base Coordinate System is maintained in your computer. If the tool is physically moved
manually, the correct Base Coordinates will be lost. They may also be lost in the event of a power failure or
a computer crash.

In an unusual situation, the second 4 parameters of [VA] can be used to set Base Coordinate System values
to specific values.

See also: [ST], [VL], [SF] other [Z..] commands

-B

plastics
09-22-2015, 10:43 AM
See if this gets you squared away...

From SB ComRef.pdf (Command Reference in SB3 Help):

ZT - Zero Table Base Coordinates

In addition to its 'working' coordinate system, ShopBot maintains a 'Base' (reference or absolute) Coordinate
System that can be used to re-establish your working location in terms of the base zero points (the real
physical corner) of your tool. This system is set up with [ZT] and re-established with [ST]. Note that limit
checking ([VL], [SF]) is done with reference to the Base Coordinate System and not the current working
coordinates.

The [ZT] command zeros out (sets to 0.000) the base coordinate system of your tool. You would typically
use this command to set the true physical 0,0,0,0 point of your tool after moving each axis to its starting or
zero location. Base coordinates are maintained as you change the working coordinate system of your tool so
that at anytime, you can return to this true base coordinate system.
NOTE: [ZT] is powerful in that it resets your Table Base Coordinate System. Only use it when necessary.
NOTE: The Base Coordinate System is maintained in your computer. If the tool is physically moved
manually, the correct Base Coordinates will be lost. They may also be lost in the event of a power failure or
a computer crash.

In an unusual situation, the second 4 parameters of [VA] can be used to set Base Coordinate System values
to specific values.

See also: [ST], [VL], [SF] other [Z..] commands

-B

Tried this as well. They are still tripped. tried to reset the proxy using tbc and still they will not turn off

plastics
09-22-2015, 11:02 AM
everytime i run something it says limit switch hit, when clearly it is not..?

BrandanS
09-22-2015, 11:43 AM
plastics,

Would you please attach a photo of your SB3 Control Read-Out, including the Input and Output states of your machine. I can't determine what you mean by "reset proxy switches" or "2 and 3 outputs are tripped". Are you in fact referring to Inputs? If the input states especially along 2 and 3 are high without actually making the proxy switches, the ShopBot will return that you have hit the limit switches as the Control Reads inputs 2 and 3 as said switch. This is to be expected.

It sounds like there is some issue with I/O on your PRS alpha. This could be physical (electrical) or software. In these situations, the easier and fast check should be ruled out. It seems like you have tried unpowering and re powering the ShopBot. Have you tried closing the SB3 software and even rebooting your PC (again these are the simple things). Is this an older machine which you have found to be reliable? Was there an "event" with your trainee that you can determine, wherein, something may have changed? The more information you can provide, the faster we can get you up on your feet.

Brady Watson
09-22-2015, 11:43 AM
Turn them off. via VN

What happens then?

Sounds like you have static problems. Is it very dry where you are?

-B

plastics
09-22-2015, 02:01 PM
i turned them off via VN. that works. However, I then made sure the base coordinates were accurate, except when I [JX] the machine moves faster than the control box is showing.

so if i move x by 5in the bit moves like 15in but the control box says it moved 5

Brady Watson
09-22-2015, 03:16 PM
Sounds like your Unit Values could be jacked up. Type in VU.

1)What are the numbers for X,Y & Z?

2)What is the Multiplier setting at the bottom set to?

3) Are you running the same motors XYZ? What number does it say on the motor plate? (E.G. - ASM911...ASM98AA-T7.2)

The 'quick fix' may be to just do a UR, hit enter 3 times and choose PRT Alpha from the list under the 'Older ShopBots' folder. Make sure you pick the right one...If you have 7.2s all the way around, make sure it say it in the name of the settings file before you pick it.

-B

plastics
09-22-2015, 03:25 PM
x - 2482.8171
y - same
z - 2979.3805

multiplier - 5

motors are all the same ASM911AA

Brady Watson
09-22-2015, 04:42 PM
Those are settings for 7.2 Alphas. Run UR and pick regular PRT Alpha. UV should be 1273.xxxx

-B

Brady Watson
09-22-2015, 04:52 PM
Make it so:

-B