PDA

View Full Version : Tool change signal?

mrspindle
01-26-2016, 11:23 AM
Does anyone know if there is a way to activate the warning signal when it is time to manually change bits?
Thanks
Jacob

barrowj
01-26-2016, 03:15 PM
You might consider this, edit the file and insert "SO,4,on" command just prior to the tool change, then after the tool change command insert "SO,4,off" to stop it. You could hook up 5volt relay or a light. Be aware that outputs only supply 5v with a max of 5 mA. Found this on page 47 or the User Guide:

SW - Set Warning Duration
duration (in seconds)
Sets the duration, in seconds, of the visual and audible warnings before any movement starts. The warning is a simulated blinking light at the top of the screen accompanied by a beeping (if your speaker is connected). Entering a 0 parameter will turn off the pre-move warning. The default warning is 2 seconds. Note that by default the output switch #4 is automatically turned on at the same time as the warning display (see [S0]) and could be used to activate a more extensive warning display. If Warning duration is set to 0, the output switch comes on when movement starts (along with the blinking light). The warning and switch remain on until the move is complete, or until a control command in a Part File turns them off.

srwtlc
01-26-2016, 04:58 PM
Take a look at the 'PLAY' .wav file command in the programming handbook and incorporate it into either your post processor or into the manual toolchange files.

mrspindle
01-28-2016, 11:51 AM
Take a look at the 'PLAY' .wav file command in the programming handbook and incorporate it into either your post processor or into the manual toolchange files.

Thanks Scott
That worked great. I found a really annoying foghorn sound file online. Now my guys have no excuse for not changing the bits!

scottp55
01-28-2016, 06:04 PM
That sounds NICE Scott!!
Have to give that a trial:)
scott

srwtlc
01-28-2016, 10:39 PM
I found a really annoying foghorn sound file

:D That's funny! Glad it worked for ya.