PDA

View Full Version : Assembled and running

mnaughton
02-21-2007, 02:50 PM
We have our bot up and running. So far so good. Attached is our first 3d project. CG tech on a cross. The link below is to a few pictures of our setup and some other signs we have made. We have not hooked up a hold down system yet. The dust collection is running into the floor system of the shop. We have some work to do, but for now, everything has been pretty smooth.

http://www.d155.org/CG/acad/tech/shopbot/webbot/index.htm

Mike Naughton
Cary-Grove High School

evan
02-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Looks Great! Is that a hovercraft your building?

Brady Watson
02-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Mike,
Welcome to total GEEKDOM!!!
Congrats on your new tool. I think you'll find it very useful in building your hovercraft air ducts and other goodies. I know that's a UH design...can't pinpoint what model it is though...A UH13P?

Welcome aboard!
-Brady

billp
02-21-2007, 04:50 PM
It gets better! Mike and Jay Wiese are in the same school district, and they have offered to host a Camp Shopbot in the near future! They are roughly 25 miles from O'Hare airport and less than 50 miles from downtown Chicago so this would be our first Camp in that area! More details to follow as we work out time frames, etc !

gwilson
02-21-2007, 05:19 PM
I will be looking for that info. I am about 3 1/2 hrs south of Chicago.
Gerald

mnaughton
02-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Yes, that is our 4th hovercraft. UH 13pt that we are putting a 54" duct on and a 20hp motor. Here is a link to our hovercraft page. I am in the process of drawing up a prop to cut. I will post pictures.
http://www.d155.org/cg/acad/tech_2.htm

"Welcome to total GEEKDOM!!!"
I have been a closet geek for years. Who else would get into hovercrafts and shopbots. Gotta have fun while working. I have to thank the Carl Perkins act for funding the shopbot. We look forward to meeting others,, learning and hosting a camp.

bill.young
02-21-2007, 07:27 PM
"I have to thank the Carl Perkins act for funding the shopbot."

The "Blue Suede Shoes" guy bought you a ShopBot!

jhicks
02-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi Bill, I wouldn't mind attending the chicago School camp and could spread the word to a few other teachers and friends so let us know as things get closer to a schedule. if you need any help locally let me know. I would love to meet a few other locals who seem to be few and far between in the chicago area.

wiese
02-25-2007, 09:35 AM
In trying to get this School Camp off the ground, I would like to make sure that all ShopBotters know that they are welcome, not just educators. Part of what we are trying to do is get kids ready for what they will encounter after they graduate. One of the best ways to do that is to make sure that us teachers know what is actually happening out there so that we can share with our students.