PDA

View Full Version : keyboard issues with moving spindle

milton
05-22-2016, 11:24 AM
I am using control software 3.8.40 on a PRS Alpha Buddy32, and while manually using the keyboard to move the spindle in the x or y direction, the movement is erratic, stop/go, etc. But, if I use the mouse instead of my finger to click on the keypad the spindle moves normally. Otherwise, all other operations using 3.8.40 appears normal. Could this be because of a glitch in the software?

srwtlc
05-22-2016, 11:53 AM
What are you using for a keyboard? If using a wireless one, try using a corded one to verify.

milton
05-23-2016, 06:44 PM
Scott, thanks for the reply, I am using a Dell laptop that I have used with this Shopbot since 2008. I had been running 3.5.12 but wanted to improve on "inlay" accuracy and decided to try updated control software. I first installed 3.8.40 and noticed the jerky movement when manually using the keyboard for movement in x and y directions. After reading some comments on the forum and as a test, I installed version 3.6.46 and the jerkiness disappeared. So I reinstalled the 3.8.40 and the jerkiness remains. This is not a huge problem but just thought I would throw it out there.