PDA

View Full Version : Copy files and backup settings

khaos
06-25-2016, 03:32 PM
So guys I have a simple process I make the cut file, copy the cut file to a stick, walk to the shop and copy the cut file to the control computer. I think this is a very common activity for botters. I have about 3 of these sticks I use.

I have always done it this way and I still do it this way. I have been unintentionally bogarting a little utility I created years ago so I would not have to keep getting a larger thumb drive as I get more and more files. If its starts to get too full I delete older cut files to make room. It also insures that you get all of your files. It only copies cut files created/modified 0 - 27 days back!

The first is to copy to the stick from the design box:

ShopBotCopyCutFiles.bat

Next is copied to the root of the stick to insure we never copy to the wrong place.

SB.ico

Now on the stick we have copy.bat to copy the files from the stick to the cut computer. AND does a backup of our SB settings. :cool:

copy.bat

This file excludes files we do not want copied.

ex.txt

Open these files and set the folders to match your system. You will have to remove the .txt from all but the ex.txt file

~HTH

khaos
08-23-2016, 08:27 AM
In hindsight I guess we didn't really need the exclude because we are being so specific regarding the copy mask. I hope it helped someone.

James M
08-23-2016, 12:39 PM
Khaos,

Thanks for putting the batch files together. I'll find them useful.

James