PDA

View Full Version : ShopBot 2006 PRTa CNC 5' X 10' with Spindle $8000

MikeBaer
08-22-2016, 07:03 PM
I don't know to much more then the title. I bought this in hopes of starting a cabinet business and never unpacked it.

740-808-7567
mbaer21@gmail.com

MaxFrenzy
08-24-2016, 12:53 AM
Well, I guess I can add on what I see at a glance. From the pictures it appears that you are at least the 2nd owner. Did you ever see the machine running personally, perhaps prior to purchase? Do you know what kind of environment it came out of? Professional/Production use...hobbyist..etc.? Obviously from your post, you haven't had it up and running within your own shop/work space. How long have you had it stored? People who are interested are going to want to know where the machine is located to assess feasibility (picking it up, freight, etc.). In addition, it would be helpful to post what kind of spindle/vfd it has. There should be easily identifiable markings for the most part, but posting pictures would be helpful as well. Other than that, I can tell that they are alpha motors (w/ alpha control box), that the Z-axis appears stock (has original spring steel coil), and it kind of looks like from one of the pictures that a couple legs and an upper cross support are assembled, but the lower cross support may be have replaced for some reason? If it turns out for some reason that there isn't interest from the community in buying it as a whole, I'm sure certain people, including myself, would be possibly interested in various parts/portions.

EricSchimel
08-26-2016, 06:56 AM
I might be interested in the motors and control box...

MaxFrenzy
08-27-2016, 04:33 PM
Lol...exactly what I was thinking :)