PDA

View Full Version : File error when using table saw.

tappsman
05-09-2009, 10:52 PM
A couple of times when cutting a file, the system quit and I got a computer error message displayed. The second time it occurred, it dawned on me that I had been using my table saw on both occasions. Since then I have cut several files and have not had a reoccurance. I suspect that the voltage drop when the saw starts is causing the issue.

Has anyone had this issue and have you tried using an uninteruptable power supply (UPS) to power their computer. If so, did it cure the problem, which UPS was used and did you use it to power the computer only or did you also use it to power the bot?

myxpykalix
05-10-2009, 02:18 AM
You might try moving the power supply for the computer to a different circuit. It's possible the saw and computer are on the same circuit and this may be causing the problem.

I have my saw on a different circuit and have used it while the bot was running and never had a problem but i do notice that surge when you first turn it on.

wberminio
05-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Dennis

I ran a separate subpanel just for my Shopbot.
My blower,control box,Shopbot computer and spindle
are all on separate circuits.I never had any issues.
So far

Erminio

harryball
05-10-2009, 07:59 AM
I also have a subpanel.

I wouldn't be sure it's the PC having the problem with the power drop, it would likely lock up or reboot not just throw an error. If you have a powered USB hub that might be a problem. I do use a UPS on the PC, it's a good idea with all the noise and power changes. You don't want it locking up or rebooting while running.

The bot control box may be seeing the power drop. If that's the case you are going to need to get more power to it.

/RB

frank134
05-10-2009, 10:22 AM
you can also try getting a softstart for you shop. This will also save on electric bill. call you local electrical supply.They're not hard to install, two wire. this is if you are getting a voltage drop on start up. do your light dim at all. that a good sign. LIke r. ball said I also get a ups. I have one on mine.