PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Part Wiz

sleepy
02-12-2005, 01:32 PM
I am making signs and have been for 5 years with my machine and have never had a problem till now. I import into PW as a dxf file that has been created in Corel. I then tell PW to clear area I use a 1/4" end mill to engrave my letters. For some reason in between the time the router moves from Home position to where it is suppose to plunge It plunges slowly as it moves to the right and carves a 1/4" groove in between each letter. Any suggestions would be appreciated
David

Brady Watson
02-12-2005, 06:37 PM
David, It sounds to me like PW is doing an area clear between the letters...as if there is a bounding box around the letters and the letters themselves are selected as well.

Make sure that you select only the letters if you want to clear the insides only.

Maybe if you posted a pic or gave more details I could be of more help.

-Brady

btk
02-12-2005, 09:06 PM
David,

I had a similar problem when converting a DXF.
Look in the SBP file and see if there are periodic
JZ commands that should raise the tool between letters.

If there are no JZ commands, perhaps try to save the DXF in corel as an older version of Autocad. Also PW imports a few other vector formats, you can also try those.

rayscraft@juno.com
01-18-2006, 06:44 PM
How do i get the old version of partwizard's files to work on partwizard#2, don't work for me?

Thanks Ray Hershberger

paco
01-18-2006, 06:51 PM
It should!? What it's saying?... what happen when you try?

woodesign2@juno.com
02-12-2006, 03:05 PM
When i want to retrieve the old partwizard file into partwizard #2 it does not recognize it.

Ray Hershberger

paco
02-12-2006, 03:47 PM
It should... does it happen with all your PW 1 files or just one or some? Can you post a screen shot of the error message you get (or at least the text content)?