PDA

View Full Version : Walnut Sink and Vanity

VanIslanddan
10-31-2016, 01:43 PM
I just finished our bathroom renovation. I have been thinking about making a wood sink for years and this was the time. The counter and sink parts were all made on the shopbot. After it was made and fitted all surfaces were sealed with epoxy. My wife and I are very pleased with how it turned out.

greyburn
10-31-2016, 02:43 PM
Wow, this is amazing. Do you have a build log?

Interested to hear how you made the sink? was this machined as a solid part or made in pieces and assembled later?

myxpykalix
10-31-2016, 05:12 PM
That is beautiful. I'd like to check with you in a year to see if there is any wood movement, but you are clearly a talented craftsman. EXCELLENT!!

VanIslanddan
10-31-2016, 09:38 PM
I don't keep build logs but am thinking it may be a good idea. The sink was made in parts an assembled with pocket screws for the sides. After it was fit all surfaces were sealed with epoxy so I don't anticipate any movement. But it is wood so anything is possible.

Ajcoholic
10-31-2016, 10:07 PM
Looks very nice! I would also be curious about any wood movement, more so due to the grain running 90 degrees. Most commercial wooden vessels use layers of wood that are all in the same orientation as the top itself, so the wood movement isnt fighting one piece vs the next.

I have thought about this type of work... looks so nice! Never got a chance yet to try though.