PDA

View Full Version : Error message Tool Stop Button On

pross
05-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Randomly, the tool will stop mid program and display ShopBot PAUSED in Movement or File Action ==!!! TOOL STOP BUTTON ON !!!!== even though we haven't hit a stop button. We click on resume and it resumes just fine. The problem isn't terrible but sometimes when I return expecting to load the next sheet, I find it waiting for me to click quit, resume, insert command, nudge, or close & exit.

ShopBot suggested there was noise coming in on the Estop wires and suggested to eliminate the coiled-up extra length we had in that run. That did not have any effect

richards
05-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Paul,
It's probably still noise related. Most of us who have had those kinds of problems have had to throughly re-ground every part of the machine. There are a lot of posts telling how to properly ground, but the basic point is that the ground lead for every connection point needs to terminate at a common "ground point". Think of the various connection as being points on a star, with the center of the star as being the common ground point, and you'll be visualizing the correct method of grounding.

Also, verify that different pieces of equipment are NOT grounded together. For instance, the grounding conductor for my dust collector runs inside and around the dust collector ducting, but it is only connected at the Shopbot end. There is no connection on the dust-collector end. Connecting both ends could lead to a "ground loop", which would nullify everything.

Be sure to use a heavy gauge stranded wire for the ground conductor. Fourteen gauge is about the minimum that I would recommend. Twelve gauge would be even better.