PDA

View Full Version : Having Bill Young come to your shop....

myxpykalix
01-13-2017, 02:35 PM
They have a article in the newsletter about having Bill Young come to your shop...
"But if you do something interesting and could use some help for a few hours, we'll share and promote it with the ShopBot community."

To me that would be like having Obe Wan come to teach you how to become a Jedi Knight!
It went on to say he may have a companion with him. Do you think he might bring Yoda?

I wish i had some project going on i could take advantage of this.

scottp55
01-13-2017, 06:45 PM
Yep, I saw that Jack.
http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=81d46250ffcd699a84fddc450&id=ca7064f7aa&e=6cdccd3a5d
Trying to think of a job using my longer slabs that are so hard to manhandle from the wheelchair:)
The thought of Bill being used as an outfeed table, or fetching Birdseye from the rafters is ludicrous though.
Now coffee....THAT I got:)

bill.young
01-14-2017, 07:53 AM
Hi all,

The whole idea behind this was that we get pictures of a lot of ShopBotters output... the stuff they make... but generally not much about the process which to me is just as interesting. And that the only way to really get a feeling for what people do is by jumping in and (hopefully!) helping.

I'm not sure how useful I'll actually be, but being an outfeed table or fetching Birdseye from the rafters is certainly within my skillset!

scottp55
01-14-2017, 09:10 AM
How do you take your coffee Bill? :) :)
scott

Tim Lucas
01-14-2017, 08:20 PM
I have coffee;) and could use some help too!

chiloquinruss
01-15-2017, 01:32 AM
Having worked with Bill at a few Maker Faires and other Bot related gatherings, I can pass along he brings a HUGE knowledgebase and he also brings along a box full of great stories! :D A really great force for everything CNC related. Russ

cowboy1296
01-15-2017, 09:46 AM
Well my shop is in the corner of my garage and there is barely room enough for me.

Gary Campbell
01-15-2017, 10:13 AM
"I can pass along he brings a HUGE knowledgebase and he also brings along a box full of great stories! :D"

I am seriously afraid that I would become "one of those stories!

bill.young
01-15-2017, 10:46 AM
"I can pass along he brings a HUGE knowledgebase and he also brings along a box full of great stories! :D"

I am seriously afraid that I would become "one of those stories!

Gary....what makes you think you aren't already!

Gary Campbell
01-15-2017, 08:34 PM
Well played. You are the Master

fredtoo
02-05-2017, 08:04 PM
We would love to show anyone what our ShopBot has done for us in our 7+ years of ownership. A no-notice visit will get you a tour and some face time as available. A little more notice will get you a cleaner shop (maybe) and some additional chitchat. Longer notice could include some work in progress and maybe some amateur fishing guide services on beautiful Lake Gaston. ShopBot headquarters, you're about 1.5 hours south. Bill, you're about 3 hours north. And Gary, this would be a great time of the year to come south!!! (I'm became very familiar with Marquette weather when I ran Superiorland Computers in the basement of the Ben Franklin on Washington St in the late 80s) Many major cities in the US and England have our signs on display if you know where to look.

Greg
Lake Gaston Sign & Graphic Co., LLC
1953 River Road
Henrico, NC 27842

bill.young
02-06-2017, 09:43 AM
hey Greg,

That sounds great. I drive from the Eastern Shore of VA to Durham a couple of times a month and come right across Rt58! I'd love to stop by for a couple of hours, see what you do, and hopefully be at least somewhat helpful.

How about sending me your contact info and we'll get something scheduled.
Bill