PDA

View Full Version : Router issues

jamie_smith
07-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Hello again everyone!
My husband and I absolutely love our shop bot. It's everything we thought that it would be. But we still have a couple of notches before we hit absolute operational perfection
We cannot get our router to start automatically with the machine. Instead we have been (ahem) plugging it in using an extension cord, and switching it on before we hit (start) for a project. My question is what are the jumpers in the back of the box from left to right? We haven't had time contact shop bot through out the day because we have been at work. We have read through all of the troubleshooting topics and really haven't found anything that matches our exact problem. (whatever that may be!) Thank you again.

gerald_d
07-23-2005, 11:09 AM
This discussion (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/26/8596.html) is only a week old - I think your answer is in there somewhere.

jamie_smith
07-23-2005, 09:53 PM
Thank you Gerald_d,
I appreciate your help, but we have tried everything in that particular thread to no avail. I really do thank you for your reply however. Any other hints?

richards
07-24-2005, 12:07 AM
Jamie,
Read carefully the post by Grant (Shopbot) where he describes exactly how two separate outputs must be activated before the router can start. Also, be certain that the router/spindle jumpers (on the left-center part of the main control board) are jmpered to the ROUTER position. Then, if you have issued the SO,1,1 command in your shopbot file, or have turned on output no. 1 (press alt-1 or use the pull-down keypad to click on output no. 1), the SBP file should pause and wait for you to press the START button before clicking OK to run the actual file.

jamie_smith
07-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Hello Mike,
thank you for replying. After reading your reply however, my husband discovered something disturbing...we are jumperless.
so I guess we will be getting in touch with the shop bot company and asking how we may aquire these critters. I guess they must not have sent them with our tool! Thank you again.

jamie_smith
08-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Just an update! After cutting many sheets of plywood, plexi glass, brass coted aluminum, and Oak. We conquered things like mirrored images, missing vectors,and files that were transfered from Vector works- Auto Cad- Part wizard. We were able to enlarge things half the router bit and machine along vector for art files that were a mess. We are now able to turn the machine on Via the compter, because Shawn at Shopbot returned our call on Saturday and helped us READ the instructions! Thanks again! Scott and Jamie